Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

General Discussion: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Love seeing this on one of the popular news sites....

adf.png

If you're truly this negative, I invite you to the Tesla Service Center at 2077 E University Drive Tempe, AZ 85281. Let me know when you come as I prefer this discussion face to face. You might learn a lot about the customer, branding, trust, and values.

You are new here aren't you? ;)

This is for you: Post your delivery help experiences

;)

Pending news about Q3 must be so amazing that a parade was planned. So he cleared the path for that to still happen. Maybe he's at 7,500 M3's in a week + Q3 profit. Who knows, but really glad I bought more at $270.

Not a boring company!
About the middle of September Bloomberg model 3 tracker was quoting over 6000 a week. It dropped off after that usually meaning they had shut down to increase the output. The quarterly amount is certainly important but it's the last week burst rate that really is the game changer. The first quarter burst rate in the last week was 5000. This quarter has to be well above 6000.

About the middle of September Bloomberg model 3 tracker was quoting over 6000 a week. It dropped off after that usually meaning they had shut down to increase the output. The quarterly amount is certainly important but it's the last week burst rate that really is the game changer. The first quarter burst rate in the last week was 5000. This quarter has to be well above 6000.
The end of quarter profitability and car count must be good otherwise why would Elon make a point of settling with the SEC on the weekend. We should be expecting a real jump in the stock price if not a short squeeze tomorrow.

I think 52,000 deliveries are on the conservative side at this point. Electrek says according to their source, 51,000 were produced by Friday, so we can expect something about 52,000 Model 3 production already. That is also where @Troy ´s predictions stand.And then we know there were a lot produced but not sold in Q2 to stay below 200,000 sold in the US because of tax credit. @vgrinshpun did the maths in detail here, coming up with an estimate of more than 58,000 Model 3 delivered in Q3. The truth might be somewhere in the middle, but I am sure that we should have more deliveries than production this Q.

Inside EVs is more conservative: 22,000 Model 3 deliveries in October estimated + 32,050 for July/August = 54,050.

• Informative
Reactions: ev-enthusiast
Naughty by nature. This makes me miss Steve Jobs so much. Tim Cook is a good man, but he’s a number two by nature.

Elon may crash and burn at any time, but while he’s at the controls...well...the sky is the limit.

My head hurts thinking about what he can accomplish in the next decade on the trajectory he is moving.

Spitting hairs... The tactic would be in Tesla's interest (as well as the buyers) as increased sales through 3 additional months of tax credits. Not a safe position at all.

Here's just one example by lklundin, (and said by others).

Since I am being quoted here I just want to point out how Tesla after the conclusion of Q2 very carefully stated (quoting from memory) that a number of vehicles produced in Q2 were in transit because they could not be delivered any faster, and that therefore Tesla would have to count these vehicles as delivered in Q3.

So I became convinced that Tesla knows how to not get into unnecessary trouble with the Taxman.

• Informative
Reactions: neroden
Status
Not open for further replies.