Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

General Discussion: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm noticing that the 100K Model S + X / year "hard limit" seems to have been replaced with a 108K or 110K or 120K limit... did Panasonic start making more 18650s?

Agreed.. Some seem to be looking past S/X numbers when they look so closely at Model 3:

q2-q4 2018 financial projections

And this..

q2-q4 2018 financial projections

Something odd with Model S/X numbers that points to a big pushing in the end of the year. Could also impact profitability.

Also, some of the math on the model 3 to date numbers posted by Fred point to Tesla actually being on pace for 54k.

37,400 in 8 weeks (minus some down time) with 4+ weeks.

34000 / 8 = 4250
5000 * 4 = 20000
34000 + 20000 = 54000 with 2 days to spare.

They just need to find a way to make less than 100 more cars a day and still 1000 under their 6k target, to hit 54k Guidance. I dont see what is so confusing to people who are coming up with 51k. When has Tesla not improved Model 3 production over an entire quarter. Its never happened and I dont see it happening for the next year or so.

Last edited:
The idea that the weekly S/X production rate may soon see a step change increase is gradually spreading among informed observers. This is not in my financial model for the purposes of conservatism, and it would make a night-and-day difference to financial results and therefore to the stock price. Gross profits from one more Model S or X produced = 3x Model 3’s.

ValueAnalyst on Twitter

Last edited:
One bear spotted this. Stewie forgot to exclude Electrek for his ads :rolleyes:
DmI3xSkUYAIR-8U.jpg
what’s his deal? real threat,
or just another rentseeker? he seems slimy enough

The idea that the weekly S/X production rate may soon see a step change increase is gradually spreading among informed observers. This is not in my financial model for the purposes of conservatism, and it would make a night-and-day difference to financial results and therefore to the stock price. Gross profits from one more Model S or X produced = 3x Model 3’s.

ValueAnalyst on Twitter

Having said this, I don't think we can yet conclude that S/X production rate has increased or even likely to increase anytime soon. Voters are certainly not buying the higher S/X production theory: two-thirds so far predict S/X production rate remains about the same through year-end: ValueAnalyst on Twitter

Last edited:
If onramp/offramp works in V9, then that time is now. Could take a coast-to-coast trip with barely a look at the map. Map could pop-up at decision points, much like it already does in the binnacle of S/X
So I still don't understand your concern. Is it that the map is on top? That can be changed can it not? What else would you want to look at? Sorry, I just don't get what you would rather see.

Dan

Status
Not open for further replies.