Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

GE Wattstation Key

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a GE Wattstation in my garage and for some reason either myself or the electrician locked it to the wall base when installing and I can't find the key. It's circular. Anyone have an extra and/or know where I could buy one?

Attachments

• ge-ev-charging-stations-evwswbc-cp01-64_1000.jpg
    ge-ev-charging-stations-evwswbc-cp01-64_1000.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 412
PJFW8, I have the same problem; I recognize that you have already sent your extra key, but it would be extremely helpful if could send me a picture of your key with the numbers on the key head clearly visible. Thanks so much.
I will do that. I am out of town for the Fourth of July. When I return (on 7/10) will take a picture and send it to you. By the way, the model 3 is a great road car.

Last edited:
PJFW8, I have the same problem; I recognize that you have already sent your extra key, but it would be extremely helpful if could send me a picture of your key with the numbers on the key head clearly visible. Thanks so much.
Key code is T0001 Photos attached. Good luck.

Attachments

• key 2.jpg
    key 2.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 247
  • key1.jpg
    key1.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 244
  • key3.jpg
    key3.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 238
Those circular keys aren't any kind of security at all. The only difference in them is generally the diameter of the circle. My old roommate in college used to collect those on a key ring for fun and pranks. When we moved into the dorm, he noticed that my Gateway 2000 desktop computer (circa 1995) had one of those round keyholes on the front of it. I guess for corporate or industrial use or something, it's an input lockout, so locking that round keyhole cuts off the mouse and keyboard input. So I get back from class one day, and my keyboard and mouse won't work, and he's snickering because he saw the lock and as a prank, found one of the keys on his ring that fit it and locked it.

He also did the old prank of screen shotting my desktop, setting that as my background picture and removing the icons, so it looks like normal, but double clicking the program icons doesn't do anything because it's just an image of them.

Hi guys, I am praying @boofagle or @PJFW8 see this, do either of you still have the key for the GE WattStation wall mount lock?

I am in the same boat, we have 2 GE WattStations installed in our garage and both are locked to the mount and we cannot find the key anywhere, not sure if the electrician took it with him by mistake like 10 years ago when they were installed.

We found a key that said T0001 on it, but the diameter was too small to fit in the key hole, so I'm not sure how else the key is supposed to be identified?

Unfortunately GE no longer manufactures/supports the WattStation, so I don't know how else to get the key without calling a locksmith.. I tried the BIC pen with 4 slits, but that didn't work

Anyone have any other ideas please?

Hi guys, I am praying @boofagle or @PJFW8 see this, do either of you still have the key for the GE WattStation wall mount lock?

I am in the same boat, we have 2 GE WattStations installed in our garage and both are locked to the mount and we cannot find the key anywhere, not sure if the electrician took it with him by mistake like 10 years ago when they were installed.

We found a key that said T0001 on it, but the diameter was too small to fit in the key hole, so I'm not sure how else the key is supposed to be identified?

Unfortunately GE no longer manufactures/supports the WattStation, so I don't know how else to get the key without calling a locksmith.. I tried the BIC pen with 4 slits, but that didn't work

Anyone have any other ideas please?
I will check if I have a spare. I am not sure if the last guy returned it!

Amazon seems to have a T0001 tubular key:

edit: There's also a design file (.STL) on thingiverse.com:

• Helpful
Reactions: Rocky_H
I ended up finding the right key to buy a few days after my post, but thanks for the responses guys!

I figured it out from looking closely at @PJFW8's photos that the other side of the key said Southco, so when I searched Southco T0001 on eBay I found a listing

@RayK Def good to know someone made a 3D model of the key incase Southco ever goes out of business haha

Here is what I bought that worked, included the whole lock tumbler kit for $12 shipped and included 2 keys. Confirmed that they unlocked both of my GE WattStations (both are hard wired version, in case that makes a difference for people that come across this with the plug version):

Southco PT-1-3C101-20L-KA cam tumbler round circular lock T0001 key circle

Here's a funny story about those little not secure circular keys. When I went to college, I had a desktop computer from Gateway 2000 (anyone still remember them?). Some of the computers from the 90's era had little circular locks like that on the front, which deactivated keyboard and mouse input to tamper proof them or something. My roommate had been collecting those various circular keys for fun, so one day when I came back from class, my computer wouldn't work, because as a practical joke, he had locked it.