Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Gauging interest on "Redisigned Sun Visors"

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just flip the visor forward to hide the mandatory airbag labels.

The size is okay (except for sun shield holding), but I'd sure like them to have a lighted mirror.

Actually, given the relatively steep rake of the window, which translates to it having as large as a "vertical dimenstion" as you'd expect, the visors serve relatively well for blocking the sun for me.

I do wish, however, that they had a lighted mirror, and that the angle of the mirror was correct when you flipped the visor down. Currently, because the visors are set ant an angle in to the headliner, when you flip them down and open the mirror the reflection you get is from the center of the car... you have to unclip the visor and position it "straight" to make the mirror actually reflect your face.

I don't know what brand shield you have, but the Heatshield that I use is custom made to follow the windshield outline exactly and can stay up just resting on the rear view mirror. Using the visors is just an added bonus.

I have a similar shield. I bet it would work better without the air gap created by resting on the rear view mirror. I'm going to install some small velcro attachment points to keep it pressed against the glass and test my heat rejection theory in practice. It will also make the custom fit sun shield look more, well, "custom fit".

I don't know what brand shield you have, but the Heatshield that I use is custom made to follow the windshield outline exactly and can stay up just resting on the rear view mirror. Using the visors is just an added bonus.

I have that too, but it's such a pain to use that I only use it if the car is going to be parked all day in the sun.

On the cars I currently own, you can fold down the visor, rotate it towards the side window, and then slide it back towards the B-pillar.

One of my previous cars actually had a second visor under the first. You could flip/extend along the side window, then leave it there and flip the secondary visor down on the windshield. I loved that because I frequently drive a route that has me flipping from front to side all the time.

- - - Updated - - -

I dont know when you got your car, but I received mine in Feb. and my visor mirrors are high quality.

I agree. I believe people are using them incorrectly. In some cars, you can lower them right on to the glass, but the slope of the roof in the Model S prevents this. If you try to flip them all the way back, they are not effective. The trick is to lower them so that they are straight down, not back towards the glass. I'm 5'10" and sit somewhat "short" and find they work perfectly. In fact, if they were any lower, they might restrict my view of the roadway.