Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Gateway 2

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looking at the 2 doors I cannot see how the GW2 would look nice on the GW1, its simply too small in the vertical axis.

Wouldn't be too much work to wrap the GW1 Door, and put a Tesla Logo on the lid.

Would anyone be interested if I was able to wrap a lid put on the Tesla Logo, and send it to you for installation yourself? Its just 1 screw to remove.

The next level would be to have some custom frosted tempered glass cut and finished, but that cost starts at about $150 just in materials and tax for good quality glass with a nice finish.

Seems pretty rich, but if folks are comparing it to a new GW2, maybe it makes sense.

• Informative
Reactions: jjrandorin
Looking at the 2 doors I cannot see how the GW2 would look nice on the GW1, its simply too small in the vertical axis.

Wouldn't be too much work to wrap the GW1 Door, and put a Tesla Logo on the lid.

Would anyone be interested if I was able to wrap a lid put on the Tesla Logo, and send it to you for installation yourself? Its just 1 screw to remove.

The next level would be to have some custom frosted tempered glass cut and finished, but that cost starts at about $150 just in materials and tax for good quality glass with a nice finish.

Seems pretty rich, but if folks are comparing it to a new GW2, maybe it makes sense.

/e raises hand. I would be interested in either option, as long as the wrap did not start peeling up, etc. Either one of those options is cheaper than me trying to buy a gateway 2 for aesthetic reasons (lol).

If you want to discuss specifics further and prefer they be in PMs that would be fine as well. I have seen enough of your posts here to know that you are a person I would be happy to do business with.

If you have a currently compliant design, Gateway 2 probably doesn't give the average user anything, except one less subpanel on the wall.

There are other advanced feature that the GW1 does not have, but usually the need for those items were addressed in design. Certainly nothing in there that an average user must have.

HVAC load shedding is kinda nice if you don't have enough PW to start your AC, or don't want it on if the system is in backup mode.

Push button rapid shutdown is nice but not really available or listed as a true RSD.

Site and conductor limits are advanced design features with little documentation.

Better wireless connectivity is great, if you have signal strength issues.

Internal 100A non backup lugs give additional design flexibility as an option for big loads that are not backed up but are desired to be self consumed.

The internal subpanel will remove one thing off the wall for many designs, but will need a new permit and modified design likely.

I hear the orders for the GW2 get delivered near end of July...ish.

I just received my initial design response from Tesla and it only says 'Gateway'.. no distinction to GW 1 or GW 2. Guess it's a role of the dice at this point. The point Vines called out with the HVAC load shedding sounds like a key advantage for those with smaller # of PWs. It seems logical to have this standard in a way for those that have ACs. i.e. bottom half of the US =)