Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Fukuta supply role to Tesla

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I heard that (based on Fukada's outstanding job supplying drivetrain motors for S and X) Elon's outsourcing all Model 3 production to Fukada to meet the huge pre-order demand!

That is what is bizarre about this whole thing. Even if you accepted his premise whole, it still doesn't matter. If you accept that TM is buying drive motors from a supplier, which it is not, it doesn't matter.

It would suggest they make some in house and buy others from an outside supplier. My company does that all the time. Fill up internal capacity first to not idle capital then flex outside with someone else's capital until your growth in capex expands and your internal share increases again.

Sounds like good business to me.

Reactions: palmer_md
That is what is bizarre about this whole thing. Even if you accepted his premise whole, it still doesn't matter. If you accept that TM is buying drive motors from a supplier, which it is not, it doesn't matter.
Right, even assuming what he says is true (which it isn't) I'm not seeing why this should mean a massive sell off of the stock or why it would be something Tesla has to hide. Tesla used them to supply drive motors for the Roadster, and the company didn't implode because of that.

Avenger, you do know that the parts shortage with the X wasn't the motors as you implied in your tweet to Phil LeBeau. Just peruse the X delivery threads as to what they were really waiting on...

You really have to find a better short thesis.

Avenger, you do know that the parts shortage with the X wasn't the motors as you implied in your tweet to Phil LeBeau. Just peruse the X delivery threads as to what they were really waiting on...

You really have to find a better short thesis.
We will see ..... the whole premise that Tesla is worth $30 Billion is insane..... why do you think Elon's brother Kimbal sells every time he gets a chance...... sell bro this company is an illusion

Right, even assuming what he says is true (which it isn't) I'm not seeing why this should mean a massive sell off of the stock or why it would be something Tesla has to hide. Tesla used them to supply drive motors for the Roadster, and the company didn't implode because of that.
Tesla sold 2600 roadsters - not even 3000 worldwide! Do your home work.

I heard that (based on Fukada's outstanding job supplying drivetrain motors for S and X) Elon's outsourcing all Model 3 production to Fukada to meet the huge pre-order demand!

Originally that was Elon's plan to have the tesla cars made out side of USA. But, when he need a big loan from the USA he had to change his model and then hide the fact the motor was Taiwan designed/built.

Tesla sold 2600 roadsters - not even 3000 worldwide! Do your home work.
A red herring that does not address what my posts talks about. The Roadster motors did not have any issues (likely far less than the Model S/X motors as a percentage). Volume does not have to do with it. If Roadster had the same percentage of Model S motor replacements, it would definitely still show up in motor replacement rates.

Originally that was Elon's plan to have the tesla cars made out side of USA. But, when he need a big loan from the USA he had to change his model and then hide the fact the motor was Taiwan designed/built.
Now you are just throwing out more random unfounded claims. All the ATVM loan requires is the vehicle be assembled in the USA. It does not require all parts to be built in the USA.

Of course, that's where I got the quotes from. Apparently you aren't even reading your own documents.

None of the documents you linked are at all current, so they all predate this "bubble". You clearly have no idea what the documents you keep posting actually say. Pretty obvious who the "dreamer" is.
Sure. 2016 isn't current.

Get a life - I look forward to you losing your shirt on Tesla bubble.....

A red herring that does not address what my posts talks about. The Roadster motors did not have any issues (likely far less than the Model S/X motors as a percentage). Volume does not have to do with it. If Roadster had the same percentage of Model S motor replacements, it would definitely still show up in motor replacement rates.

Now you are just throwing out more random unfounded claims. All the ATVM loan requires is the vehicle be assembled in the USA. It does not require all parts to be built in the USA.

Apparently Elon use of Fukuta motors is a big deal because you nuts go ballistic on my thread ... Boy, this is fun.

Actual there the Roadster originally had a two speed drive unit that was unreliable at high speeds and was prone to breaking. This is why Tesla Motors switch to the single speed/ Drive unit from Fukuta.

Just search the paper for Fukuta or Tesla...and enjoy the reading

http://marc.meijo-u.ac.jp/publish/pdf/marc_vol17_no1.pdf
Asian-EV-research.PNG
Fukuta-builds-Motors.PNG

• Disagree
Reactions: esk8mw
So even if Fukuta does ship complete AC induction motors used for propulsion in Tesla Model S and X (which the paper does claim, although it is very scarce on sources for the 'Fukuta Case Study', with the only source being given as 'Information obtained by Fukuta' - and that is for a very tangential fact about pre-2009) - how does this lead in to a short thesis?

You'll have to be a bit more specific than 'Fukuta is a supplier to Tesla -> buy lots of TSLA puts'.

Max capacity for motor production for Fukuta is 300,000 motors per year, this means that Fukuta will have to attract additional investors/ capital raise to meet Tesla Motors goal of 500,000 vehicle goal. Will China Steel Corp want to re-invest in Fukuta considering the economic challenges in China?

Attachments

• Fukuta-builds-Motors.PNG
    Fukuta-builds-Motors.PNG
    107.3 KB · Views: 39
  • Disagree
Reactions: rypalmer and esk8mw
Status
Not open for further replies.