Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Fukuta supply role to Tesla

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
No you don't use an AC induction motor for windows/HVAC - you are wrong.

The fact that the motor is made by small Taiwan supplier must not be pleasing because Tesla drivers are using some tortured logic to disproved customs information.

Servo motors can be tiny, they can be large. The ones listed on the Fukuta website can be anywhere for .75kw to 370+kw. Tesla could be using these for a lot of things. Most likely they are being used in their industrial manufacturing process, i.e. conveyor belts, robotics, etc. Anything. They typical don't go over 2000 rpm, so doesn't look like a good candidate for a drive unit motor. Why would Tesla build their own servo motors for their manufacturing plants, why build their own robots (they don't)? They always have said that they would be happy to buy an off the self product if it is available and suits their needs. What is the mystery? Are you accusing Tesla of buying a bunch low RPM servo motors, then taking them apart only to reassemble them in their drive units? That's just stupid. Why not just have them supply the parts un-assembled? If Fukata is suppling Tesla with the drive unit rotors (which is very possible), what is wrong with that?

Yeah this is a smear campaign. Avenger, do you know that Taiwan supplies Electric and Traditional motors to all car manufacturers?

Also, do you know that 80% of ic chips are made and designed in Taiwan? Oh and your iphone used to be too. Until China caught up and took over.

If you are going to troll us. It is only fair that you go groll all the other car manufacturers equally.

No - I presented hard evidence
Fukuta-Induction Motor.PNG

This is what happens in a Bubble...enjoy.
11,000 lbs of AC Induction motors - and Fukuta does include Servo in the Description.

Good luck

- - - Updated - - -

Chris, Yes- Taiwan + Korea do fantastic job manufacturing semiconductors and lots of other cheap consumer products. Model S is not cheap or a regular consumer it.

LG would probably be a great choice for Tesla Motors to buy motors from.

But, for some reason Tesla chose a very small and poorly capitalized company named Fukuta.

- - - Updated - - -

No, I see Elon trying to make money on the backs of millions of mutual fund holder through selling shares in Tesla Motors.

I had a sister lose $80,000 with the CMGi con game and Tesla Motors is even bigger.

- - - Updated - - -

The customs info was data 2015 and it was for 11000 lbs of motors.
Fukuta-Induction Motor.PNG

AC Induction motors are the drive motors.

- - - Updated - - -

11,000 lbs of motors is the conversion from metric system.

End of comments

What happened?

- - - Updated - - -

Chris, Yes- Taiwan + Korea do fantastic job manufacturing semiconductors and lots of other cheap consumer products. Model S is not cheap or a regular consumer it.
LG would probably be a great choice for Tesla Motors to buy motors from.
But, for some reason Tesla chose a very small and poorly capitalized company named Fukuta.
I see. You just don't like Fukata.

No, I see Elon trying to make money on the backs of millions of mutual fund holder through selling shares in Tesla Motors.
I had a sister lose $80,000 with the CMGi con game and Tesla Motors is even bigger.

I don't follow. Tesla being a publicly traded company makes this a big Elon Musk con game?

The customs info was data 2015 and it was for 11000 lbs of motors.
AC Induction motors are the drive motors.
- - - Updated - - -
11,000 lbs of motors is the conversion from metric system.

A typical large (200kw class) Fukata AC Induction servo motor wieghs about 544kg (1100lbs), that would be 10 motors.
Let's assume it only weighs 500 lbs. That's still only about 22 motors.
At a 1000 cars per week they would need a lot more that 11000lbs of motors.

Last edited:
No - I presented hard evidence

You presented evidence that Tesla buys servo motors (not drive motors) from a manufacturer of servo motors. (No kidding, Columbo.)

You presented no evidence whatsoever that Tesla outsource their drive motor manufacturing.

Your claim that they do so is directly contradicted by unambiguous video evidence and abundant first-hand testimony of Tesla manufacturing drive motors from raw materials in their Fremont facility.

You are evidently wrong.

Please, stop digging. That hole's more than big enough that you'll never climb out.

Last edited:
This guy is @Bi11k on twitter by the way.

Musk actually responded to him on twitter back in August but deleted the tweet:

Who is Elon talking about here?

They build a small component of the motor. The rest of the motor is built at Tesla and then assembled into the drive unit.

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/630775770101776385

Looks like he was responding to someone but sent it out as a normal message instead of replying to the question. Appears it is related to this though:

https://twitter.com/bi11k/status/630768512789835776

Much to do about nothing.

Last edited:
A typical large (200kw class) Fukata AC Induction servo motor wieghs about 544kg (1100lbs), that would be 10 motors.
Let's assume it only weighs 500 lbs. That's still only about 22 motors.
At a 1000 cars per week they would need a lot more that 11000lbs of motors.

Avenger, if you're still reading, the above math exercise should prove that it's not a conspiracy.

11,000 lbs of AC Induction motors

You keep quoting this as if it where a huge amount.

The rear motor for the Model S weighs approx 150 lbs. 11,000 lbs worth of motors would only be 73 motors. Tesla builds 200 cars every day, many (most now) with 2 motors each. If these were drivetrain motors, where are the rest? Why can't you cite 3 to 5 of these manifests every day?

Give it up, man. These aren't the drivetrain motors in the Model S.

Unlikely.

Elon Musk made 165 Million USD from the sale of PayPal in 2002. If he was just in business for the money, he would have quit working right there and simply invested the cash in other stocks or put it in hedge funds.

Instead (and against all advice from family and friends), he put every last penny into high-risk ventures with low probability of return: SpaceX and Tesla. He's a man driven by mission, not by money. The mission is to make space flight affordable and to electrify transportation.

CMGI owned a search engine. In 2000. That's not even remotely comparable to what Tesla does in substance or difficulty.

I remember the tech bubble well, and most of the companies that failed were in businesses with ill-defined products or in areas with low barriers to entry. Not the case with Tesla.

Give it up, man. These aren't the drivetrain motors in the Model S.

"These aren't the droids you are looking for." Sorry couldn't resist! I'm a big Star Wars fan and I immediately thought of Obi-Wan Kenobi.

Are you kidding. Do you need any help reading the cash flow statement for Tesla?

They spent the cash generated in capital raises. That's what expanding startup companies do. Without that context your chart is meaningless.

Believe me I examined the SEC 10-Q and quarterly reports extensively. Yes, Tesla is spending massive amounts of capital, but they are producing products that customers love and are willing to buy. That's why investment capital continues to flow into the company.

CMGi was making money in 1999 - and was cash positive. But, CMGi was over valued. Tesla Motors makes no money - and overvalued.

And what was CMGI's competitive advantage vs the competition almost 20 years ago? It matters exactly zero if they made money for a year, since they obviously in retrospect didn't have that big of a future.

If Tesla did nothing but sell Model S, they would be profitable today. However, their plan is to manufacture hundreds of thousands of cars/year. That requires R&D and capital expenditures.

It baffles me that people don't understand upfront investment for business growth. Could they fail? Sure, it's a possibility, but that's just business risk. Happens all the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.