Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD transfer from Toyota dealership.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’m looking at a 2020 Model X that’s being sold at a Toyota dealership.

I’ve gotten so many mixed answers that I’ve read and want to make sure it will stay with the car. I called my local Tesla that was of no help and just tried to get me to buy one from their website.

I attached a picture so I do know that it’s currently on the car and fully paid.

My fear is I’m 2 states away from this car and I’d be beyond pissed off if I made the purchase and the FSD was removed after the sale.

Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• image_1.jpeg
    image_1.jpeg
    63.5 KB · Views: 14
I’m looking at a 2020 Model X that’s being sold at a Toyota dealership.

I’ve gotten so many mixed answers that I’ve read and want to make sure it will stay with the car. I called my local Tesla that was of no help and just tried to get me to buy one from their website.

I attached a picture so I do know that it’s currently on the car and fully paid.

My fear is I’m 2 states away from this car and I’d be beyond pissed off if I made the purchase and the FSD was removed after the sale.

Thanks in advance!
FSD was purchased for that car, not subscribed.

If the dealer bought the car from an individual, the the FSD license will not be removed.

Your best bet is to be sure that FSD is listed in the bill of sale as an option on the car. Then, if FSD does get removed, you have a claim against the dealer.

Reactions: arnolddeleon
FSD was purchased for that car, not subscribed.

If the dealer bought the car from an individual, the the FSD license will not be removed.

Your best bet is to be sure that FSD is listed in the bill of sale as an option on the car. Then, if FSD does get removed, you have a claim against the dealer.
The Tesla was traded in for a Toyota last month.