Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Tesla's Supercharger Team was recently laid off. We discuss what this means for the company on today's TMC Podcast streaming live at 1PM PDT. You can watch on X or on YouTube where you can participate in the live chat.

FSD subscription - Q2

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

DaveW

May 21, 2019
Beds, UK
Elon didn’t say which year though :)

A6F7AB39-4134-425B-8D00-9E46132E737C.jpeg

How can buying FSD be better than leasing it when you never actually own it?

It is a lot of money that hopefully stays with the car but does it? When you sell it can we be sure it is transferred to the next owner and if you part ex to Tesla, they are liable to delete it from the car when re-selling so hardly going to pay the extra in the part ex price are they.

Reactions: Chickenlips

It is a lot of money that hopefully stays with the car but does it? When you sell it can we be sure it is transferred to the next owner and if you part ex to Tesla, they are liable to delete it from the car when re-selling so hardly going to pay the extra in the part ex price are they.
If the car is sold to a third party it stays with the car. If the car is sold to Tesla, they can do what they want with their (after they buy it) car and leave or remove it before selling it on. If they don't appropriately adjust the price they offer for a car with FSD then it may be better selling it to someone else.

My car's on PCP, so no real value to me buying it in it's present state, and long odds on it being improved enough to be worthwhile for long enough too. So rental makes a lot of sense.

But I notice he doesn't give a year, so I'd not be holding your breath.

• Funny
Reactions: Mm2021

We're going to find out how long Tesla think you are likely to keep the car for. Four years and £150/month would be worse value than buying AP outright, three years and it's £190/month.

TBH, on a long journey I might consider activating it for a month at £150 when it works in the UK, but I wouldn't bother day-to-day. More than that then I'd just do the driving.

I strongly suspect they're looking more towards the £250-300/month bracket in which case I'll never go for it.

We're going to find out how long Tesla think you are likely to keep the car for. Four years and £150/month would be worse value than buying AP outright, three years and it's £190/month.

TBH, on a long journey I might consider activating it for a month at £150 when it works in the UK, but I wouldn't bother day-to-day. More than that then I'd just do the driving.

I strongly suspect they're looking more towards the £250-300/month bracket in which case I'll never go for it.

through salary sacrifice my net cost for FSD is only £88 per month over a three year lease.

Hello,

Thank you for emailing [email protected]. We appreciate your participation and feedback; all feature related feedback will be forwarded to the appropriate engineering team. If any additional information is needed, we will reach out directly.

If you would like to opt-out of the Early Access Program, please reply to this email and we will process your request.

For all vehicle related concerns please schedule a service appointment through your Tesla mobile app.

We are currently reviewing all inquiries into the Full Self-Driving Early Access Beta Program

Thank you,

EAP

Hello,

Thank you for emailing [email protected]. We appreciate your participation and feedback; all feature related feedback will be forwarded to the appropriate engineering team. If any additional information is needed, we will reach out directly.

If you would like to opt-out of the Early Access Program, please reply to this email and we will process your request.

For all vehicle related concerns please schedule a service appointment through your Tesla mobile app.

We are currently reviewing all inquiries into the Full Self-Driving Early Access Beta Program

Thank you,

EAP

What info did you send them? I can imagine all non-US applications for the FSD-Beta will just be ignored, but do Tesla have a UK/European Early Access Program?

Comprehensive map of all countries that use the MMDDYYYY date format:

a2mXmGd_700b.jpg

I'm an ISO 8601 type of guy myself.
Woo! It's not just me then. Works particularly well for filenames because alphabetical sorting gives things in date order automatically.

Makes logical sense when you look at how time is formatted (biggest unit to smallest.)

I've joked that because of MM/DD/YYYY perhaps we should start using MM:HH:SS as a time format.

Reactions: Medved_77