Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD(s) vs a paper bag...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Today we were driving west on Bakerview in Bellingham WA with FSD engaged. The car in front of us swerved to avoid an object on the road; I recognized the object to be a small, empty, paper bag as it easily moved from the breeze from the car in front. I briefly considered taking over from FSD to avoid the bag, but then decided it wasn't worth the effort...however FSD also saw the object and with minimal braking it adroitly swerved around the bag as we continued on our way. FSD handled it so well and so effortlessly that I was totally amazed and completely forget to hit the Teslacam record button!

Last edited:
Today we were driving west on Bakerview in Bellingham WA with FSD engaged. The car in front of us swerved to avoid an object on the road; I recognized the object to be a small, empty, paper bag as it easily moved from the breeze from the car in front. I briefly considered taking over from FSD to avoid the bag, but then decided it wasn't worth the effort...however FSD also saw the object and with minimal braking it adroitly swerved around the bag as we continued on our way. FSD handled it so well and so effortlessly that I was totally amazed and completely forget to hit the Teslacam record button!
That is impressive. Even if you didn’t remember to save the video, the dashcam should have the last hour of video, so it might still be there.

Reactions: DuncanM and flutas
Same happened with me at 80mph. How do you record?