Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Tesla's Supercharger Team was recently laid off. We discuss what this means for the company on today's TMC Podcast streaming live at 1PM PDT. You can watch on X or on YouTube where you can participate in the live chat.

FSD 12.3.6 Driving Too Close/On Center Line

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have had my Model X for just over 3 months now. This issue may have started with 12.3.5 but definitely seems more pronounced with 12.3.6: my car drives extremely close to the center line. At first, I thought it was just my perception, that the car wasn't really that close to the center line. But some of our roads in town have embedded reflectors between the lane markings, and I can sometimes hear the car riding over these reflectors, meaning its clearly on top of the center line. Has anyone else had this experience? When issues like these creep up, is it worthwhile to recalibrate the cameras?

Thanks.

(with FSD on)during left hand curves on Highway 17 near Santa Cruz it seemed I was coming dangerously close to the cement center medium to the point the car
was going over the reflecting tabs on the yellow line no more than 6 to 8 inches from the cement divider.
Other things on FSD that repeat . The car seems to latch onto the last speed sign it see' the trouble is there is not always speed signs when speed changes.
One example is when I enter Highway 17 from ocean street in Santa Cruz it things it still a 35 mph zone for 2 or 3 miles when it's 65 .
Occasionally it will light a parked car as Red when I am driving or during FSD for no apparent reason, sometimes happen when there is curve in the road .
Other time it's a truck parked between two other cars.
Slow to enter lanes of traffic during a turn then hard acceleration during FSD.
At corners where side vision is blocked it has a hard time deciding what to do sometimes it leaves you halfway into the lane you are crossing in
a left hand turn.
FSD 12.3.6 model y LR 2023 hardware 3

Since I installed 12.3.6 a couple hundred miles ago I’ve felt it is almost constantly hugging the right/fog line and occasionally driving on the rumble strip/shoulder. It will hug the yellow/center but much less often.
Equally annoying is how the TACC is now behaving- falling off of the max set speed for no reason 1-10 mph. It does this all the time now and it’s getting very old.. I have to speed back up to where I have it set, usually 3x, before it stays there. It has never done that before.
12/20 build raven x performance.2024.3.25 recision

Equally annoying is how the TACC is now behaving- falling off of the max set speed for no reason 1-10 mph. It does this all the time now and it’s getting very old.. I have to speed back up to where I have it set, usually 3x, before it stays there. It has never done that before.
12/20 build raven x performance.2024.3.25 recision
Clean your cameras? You're describing some FSDBv11 behavior that I sure hope aren't coming back in SFSDv12,

If you look on some of the blog channels they are saying that 12.3.6 is still a mixture of 11
and something else. They thing I read this morning is it won't be the real full stack till 12.4
If you drive on divided highways that aren't limited access and also on limited access highways, you will certainly notice significant differences with regard to how it behaves between the two. That is my experience, anyway, which is to say my experience corroborates the first claim.

Never seen a limited access highway here in California but I have never driven a Semi.
"Limited access" means you can only get on or off via ramp (no controlled intersections). The proper noun for these in the US is usually "Interstate." I don't think you can live in Santa Cruz and not see one. You might have meant the opposite, which would make sense considering that highways that look like Interstates but have intersecting roads that are 2 way stops with traffic lights miles apart generally won't exist within densely populated areas.