Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD 10.3 in Model S

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The part where the car moves out of the way so the white SUV can get through was pretty impressive for an AI based system. It knew that, even though it couldn't advance, it needed to clear the area for the other motorist to get by and not create a jam. That's a really good sign for AI in terms of decision making that people said (much like the left turn you reference) wouldn't be possible.

Warning: yolk talk ahead. If you're easily trigger, skip this paragraph as the purpose of this isn't to spark some heated yoke debate but merely point out an observation.
To me, this video further emphasizes why the yolk isn't the best choice. If you're in FSD and need to take over you need to know right where that wheel is consistently. Those violent snaps around will create an unnatural and inconsistent "wheel placement" in this exact scenarios you illustrate. A lot of the debate on the yolk to this point is about operator interaction (which we will leave alone for purposes of this thread) but if the goal is to have the car in FSD as much as possible this will be the more important aspect of the human interaction. Having that thing whipping around as it circumnavigates the streets means that if you instinctively react to try to take over you may be grasping at air or (possibly worse) having it whip around and smack your hand out of the way unknowingly.

That aside, I was thoroughly impressed with how well that car did. FSD looks to be very fluid and much more refined that I expected it to perform at this point in it's development. Very cool and thank you for sharing.

2017 Model S with FSD Beta and using the Extended Display (takes over full screen in front of steering wheel) does not show the Speed Limit Sign as it does when not using the Extended Display.

Attachments

• IMG_2800.jpeg
    IMG_2800.jpeg
    339.3 KB · Views: 71