Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Tesla's Supercharger Team was recently laid off. We discuss what this means for the company on today's TMC Podcast streaming live at 1PM PDT. You can watch on X or on YouTube where you can participate in the live chat.

Wiki FSD’s Earliest Adopters Still Waiting

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don't think they are letting anyone in to beta until they fix the NHTSA recall issue with intersections. And the 'button' to report issues is really just pushing the right-hand scroll wheel and saying 'bug report' and stating what the issue is.
OK. I guess I must have missed that 'announcement'. Just about everyone on the forum who complained about not getting the last beta was because their firmware was higher than 2022.45.15, and if you paid for beta, Elon said you would get it, including those who have a subscription...

OK. I guess I must have missed that 'announcement'.

Will owners continue to receive FSD Beta?
Until the software version containing the fix is available, we have paused the rollout of FSD Beta to all who have opted-in but have not yet received a software version containing FSD Beta.

and if you paid for beta, Elon said you would get it, including those who have a subscription...
Yes, that was the case prior to the recall.

• Informative
Reactions: Yelobird and FMinMI
And the 'button' to report issues is really just pushing the right-hand scroll wheel and saying 'bug
I don't think so. At least according to my SC tech. He told me that it only sets a flag in the log for an event IF the customer later comes to the SC with a specific complaint. Has nothing to do with FSD. If so, why invent a different method for M3/MY users? They have the same "bug report" feature.

Have you seen otherwise somewhere?

I don't think so. At least according to my SC tech. He told me that it only sets a flag in the log for an event IF the customer later comes to the SC with a specific complaint. Has nothing to do with FSD. If so, why invent a different method for M3/MY users? They have the same "bug report" feature.

Refresh Model S/X also have voice report.

But, yes the bug report just tags things for SC to pull upon request.

Hey fun fact (slightly off topic) about the bug report feature. I've been flagging all sorts of issues using that bug report thing so that once I did bring my car in for repair they would have logs of all the weirdness I was seeing. I kept getting a rear seatbelt restraint warning, but it was really sporadic and I never have passengers in the back so I didn't think much of it. But the warning alert was popping up maybe every few weeks or so. Eventually I needed my windshield replaced, so I booked a service ticket for that and the seatbelt thing and a few other random bugs I had logged.

Turns out the bug report feature only holds data for 30 days. So if you don't bring the car in before then those bug reports are lost to the ether. I'd been logging stuff thinking it was all flagged forever but they didn't have anything I had flagged in the logs. I had been out of town for a few weeks, (not driving the car) and hadn't seen the seatbelt warning for a few weeks before then, so everything I'd ever logged was gone.

So if you log a bug report, bring the car in to service within 30 days or call them and have them save the log remotely, as otherwise you are just wasting your time.

I never said it was an instantaneous transmission to Tesla, or that it was specifically related to FSD. I was aware that it was only picked up by the SC. But i didn't' realize that it went away in 30 days. Would be interested in seeing a source for that besides a Tesla employee. I think they make stuff up half the time.

• Funny
Reactions: hybridbear
Would be interested in seeing a source for that besides a Tesla employee

Many examples if you Google. See PSA: Tesla's "Bug Report" feature... for example.

It's not a big deal. If there are 400k FSD cars and they did a bug report once a week, there's no way Tesla is reviewing these. It's a great concept but I suspect they have some AI which categorizes these into categories like "wrong lane", "did not stop at stop sign" or whatever. So perhaps their top 50% of issues are in one category, they can take a tiny sample from that group to address. That's the official feature built-in to FSDb. It's very typical of Tesla - "LOOK AT THIS NEW GREAT FEATURE". They don't bother to say "in some states, in some situations, and if you have a legacy car HAHAHAHAHA as we already have your money!". We've been left behind time and time again. With new features, I've learned to try to figure out if it applies to legacy vehicles or not as most often it does not. And I suspect history will repeat itself with M3/MY vehicles as well not far down the road.

Doing a "bug report" is different - it isn't doing anything unless you follow-up with your local SC.

Here's the chat I had with service about it.

Screenshot 2023-05-01 at 8.33.17 PM.png

Hey fun fact (slightly off topic) about the bug report feature. I've been flagging all sorts of issues using that bug report thing so that once I did bring my car in for repair they would have logs of all the weirdness I was seeing. I kept getting a rear seatbelt restraint warning, but it was really sporadic and I never have passengers in the back so I didn't think much of it. But the warning alert was popping up maybe every few weeks or so. Eventually I needed my windshield replaced, so I booked a service ticket for that and the seatbelt thing and a few other random bugs I had logged.

Turns out the bug report feature only holds data for 30 days. So if you don't bring the car in before then those bug reports are lost to the ether. I'd been logging stuff thinking it was all flagged forever but they didn't have anything I had flagged in the logs. I had been out of town for a few weeks, (not driving the car) and hadn't seen the seatbelt warning for a few weeks before then, so everything I'd ever logged was gone.

So if you log a bug report, bring the car in to service within 30 days or call them and have them save the log remotely, as otherwise you are just wasting your time.
Did you get the rear restraint issue fixed? I have the same problem. Seems like in some cases some wiring needs to be replaced?

Did you get the rear restraint issue fixed? I have the same problem. Seems like in some cases some wiring needs to be replaced?
No I have not, but to be honest it's not super high on my list of concerns as in the 4.5 years I've had my X I think I can count the number of times I've had passengers in the rear on one hand. There is a thread on the issue here at TMC if you search around. Also have not gotten a warning about it in ~2 months, although my rear seats have been down for many months at this point.

Reactions: MikeScarne
This is probably premature, but it seems like Tesla made an adapter for HW4 (coolant connections wider apart) to match HW3 (centered, closer together):

All the cameras (5MP RGGB? vs 1.2MP RCCB) are in the same locations except a dummy replaces the narrow/far camera (covered by higher resolution main camera). Potentially this could all be retrofitable for vehicles compatible with HW3 including 2016 vehicles originally with HW2?

As many of us know here, Tesla has had plenty of experience replacing cameras and FSD computer, so they must be "excellent" in their process if they need to do it again with HW4…

This is probably premature, but it seems like Tesla made an adapter for HW4 (coolant connections wider apart) to match HW3 (centered, closer together):

All the cameras (5MP RGGB? vs 1.2MP RCCB) are in the same locations except a dummy replaces the narrow/far camera (covered by higher resolution main camera). Potentially this could all be retrofitable for vehicles compatible with HW3 including 2016 vehicles originally with HW2?

As many of us know here, Tesla has had plenty of experience replacing cameras and FSD computer, so they must be "excellent" in their process if they need to do it again with HW4…
Not going to happen. 10 cameras vs 8, more wiring, I highly doubt they will do it

Reactions: scottf200
Not going to happen. 10 cameras vs 8, more wiring, I highly doubt they will do it
To be clear, Model S/X HW4 is different from Model Y HW4. The former's board accepts up to 12 cameras while the latter seems to be stripped to match the cameras actually used, which is 8 in all current HW4 vehicles: wide, main, selfie, 2x repeater, 2x pillar, backup. I suppose, a selfie camera could even be installed reusing the far camera wiring -- although maybe what you're getting at is if the wiring all needs to be replaced, that definitely would make it much less likely.

So Model Y HW4 (computer and cameras) seems to have potential for retrofit into older S/3/X/Y with HW3 as there's 8 cameras.

…So Model Y HW4 (computer and cameras) seems to have potential for retrofit into older S/3/X/Y with HW3 as there's 8 cameras.
Except for the liquid cooling, wiring harness and different form factor. /s

I am looking forward to seeing if that hardware can run a vertical screen, but I’m not holding my breath for older cars.

They kinda have to figure a way to do it
Why do they have to?
Tesla has proven over and over again that they will never be held to any statement they made.

Plus, they only promised real L4 FSD to people with HW2 and 2.5. Everyone that bought after April 2019 and got HW3 were only promised city streets autosteer, which they already have. The promises to 90% of all Tesla owners have already been met with FSD "beta."

Why do they have to?
Tesla has proven over and over again that they will never be held to any statement they made.

Plus, they only promised real L4 FSD to people with HW2 and 2.5. Everyone that bought after April 2019 and got HW3 were only promised city streets autosteer, which they already have. The promises to 90% of all Tesla owners have already been met with FSD "beta."
Sorry, should have mentioned the 2016-2018 FSD description. Yea, I agree that there is a small minority of people who will actually have a case against Tesla not delivering a RoboTaxi. But I think if some folks put in the arbitration work, they have a pretty strong case.

Not delivering L4 FSD to early adopters seems like a pretty big liability and makes for an easy case. If Tesla ever achieves L4, I can see the "amnesty one time FSD transfers coming back" By then, FSD will be a bit more expensive than it is now. If L2 costs $15k now, I can't imagine what they'll charge for L4.

But since we probably won't see L4 in our lifetime, I don't think Tesla has anything to worry about.