Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Front Valence popped out

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My front valance was somehow ripped off the bumper cover, I assume from a parking block. My question - to reattach it, is there a way to take it off and then slide it in and re-secure it, or do I need to take the entire bumper cover off first, attach the valance, and then re-attach the combined unit.. Sorry if that question makes no sense, I can't tell from looking what order these pieces are assembled. (Please disregard ugly zip tie attempt to keep it together, I had to field dress it while away from my garage)

PXL_20240123_170342780.jpg

That lower lip or valance can be reattached in situ. To help with that you need to release the plastic push-in clips that secure the rear end of the lip/valance on the undershield. You might find two bolts and six clips there, depends if the version of your car has them. That section is the one crossing underneath in front of the wheels from left to right and is one part of the bumper removal. Clean the plastic well and use silicone oil to help on fitting. If you have some broken parts and it does not fit then then you need to remove the bumper and have closer look

Last edited: