Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Front passenger window tesla sentry mode glitch

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Whenever I park my car and have tesla sentry mode on, I keep getting alerts that my front passenger window is left open even though it clearly is closed.

I brought my Model X to the service center twice- they have replaced the latches, recalibrated the window. It still showing the alert. I have also had mobile service come by twice and still no fix. I am at this point frustrated. I don't know what I can do to fix the glitch and it keeps showing up almost every hour now on my phone alerts.

i have a model S with the same problem. after getting something replaced in the windows to fix it, it still happened. i scheduled another service call, but it was cancelled when the service center told me it was a software problem that is being addressed soon.

Reactions: Dr Doom
You can trying resetting it: with window closed press and hold the up button for 5-seconds and then release for 5-seconds. Now press and hold the down button and, when it is fully open, continue holding the down button for 5-seconds and then release for 5-seconds. Lastley hold the up button and hold for 5-seconds once fully closed.

Reactions: Dr Doom
You can trying resetting it: with window closed press and hold the up button for 5-seconds and then release for 5-seconds. Now press and hold the down button and, when it is fully open, continue holding the down button for 5-seconds and then release for 5-seconds. Lastley hold the up button and hold for 5-seconds once fully closed.
They tried that already. They recalibrated the window but error still shows up. Don’t know what to do.

i have a model S with the same problem. after getting something replaced in the windows to fix it, it still happened. i scheduled another service call, but it was cancelled when the service center told me it was a software problem that is being addressed soon.

Do you know when they said the software update would happen? At this point, between two mobile service and two service center appointments, I don’t know what to do. It’s annoying.

Also do you turn off the sentry mode so you don’t get teh alerts?

Do you know when they said the software update would happen? At this point, between two mobile service and two service center appointments, I don’t know what to do. It’s annoying.

Also do you turn off the sentry mode so you don’t get teh alerts?
I have gotten that alert several times. I think I would just turn the alert feature off until the next software update if it became annoying.

Hi @Dr Doom ,

On your main display go to Vehicle>Car left open notifications

There you have the choices:
No notifications
Doors
Doors and Windows
and Exclude Home...

You may want to choose Doors.
Then you would have notifications excluding the
invalid windows open...

The new choices on many panels to exclude "Home"
are nice too...

Good luck,

Shawn

Hi @Dr Doom ,

On your main display go to Vehicle>Car left open notifications

There you have the choices:
No notifications
Doors
Doors and Windows
and Exclude Home...

You may want to choose Doors.
Then you would have notifications excluding the
invalid windows open...

The new choices on many panels to exclude "Home"
are nice too...

Good luck,

Shawn
Found it. Thanks! Going to set it for off for now. Hopefully future updates can fix it.

Sentry mode might not matter... I have seen this randomly on the passenger window as well, but Sentry is off for home location and still see it. Not nearly as bad as you though. A few times and I opened and closed the window each time and didn't see again for a week or two.