Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Front Collision TESLA P85. Repair and Troubleshooting Help Needed.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What is that thang?

Some sort of terminal thermal protection device/ breaker...? It wouldn't prevent the main contactors from closing, but would open the HV to the front of the car, and open the dc feed from the chargers to the pack.
yauheni_hvjb1_edit.jpg

I dont have any good news yet. Yesterday, i connected pin 1 & 2 to the DCDC pin 4 was disconnected and supplied with 10V on it, wires 5 & 6 connected together, all HV covers are closed, emergency plug is intact, all looked good to me, after connecting 12V battery contractors didnt close. So I just have no idea what could be wrong.
Maybe BMS got damaged after i put voltage on it last week?! Not sure, however the contractors were closing before i changed 100amp fuse. I dont know what else i can do right now.

This is what I posted:
You can verify all the front interlocks by unplugging the 6-pin connector from the DC-DC and verifying that you have continuity between pins 5 & 6 on the DC-DC itself. If you don't then one of the connectors or the high-voltage cable connection cover isn't seated right.

You can verify the rear interlock by unplugging the 12 pin connector from the charger and checking for 60 ohm resistance between pins 3 & 9 on the charger itself. If this is open then it's most likely the lid switch on the high voltage box isn't secured correctly with the right fasteners.

If the car has 2 chargers, then also check pins 3 & 9 on the second charger.

Well, the passenger side should be the same as the drivers, which tells me that you haven't properly secured the cover to the HV box where the fuse was replaced. You must have forgot to tighten a bolt, or something isn't on quite right.

Doesn't matter if you check it w/o power, since you are unplugging the connector, but it's probably good to leave it disconnected so you don't set more fault codes.

If the connector on the passenger charger is reading open, then it's the interlock somehow. Check all the connectors and make sure they are seated.

Should i check resistance when 12v battery disconnected??? If so, then how does the car know that the cover is on or off?

I put cover like it was with 6 screws. I see the sensor on the cover.

Can you put the lid on wrong, i.e. rotated by 180? Make sure you have both parts next to each other i.e..
59140.jpg

I'm getting bad vibe due to lack of electronics knowledge, maybe find local EE guy for help?

HALLELUJAH))) CAR STARTS, RUNS AND DRIVES BY ITSELF. THANK YOU EVERYONE SO MUCH!!! I CANT BELIEVE IT. THERE ARE NO ERROR MESSAGES AT ALL.
For some reason, after i opened up the HVJB the sensor stopped working, that was the problem. Now car charges, heat working, meaning that DCDC works good.

Thanks to all :))