Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

From the wife...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I feel your pain. Well, I felt your pain. :) I lived 133 miles from the nearest grocery store (or any other store) for just over three years at one point in my life. Forgetting to pick something up meant you did without for a couple weeks. Powdered milk in the pantry and learn to bake bread. And it was great. :)

You're going to love your car. There is a certain grace that comes with living far from cities. And the Model S will feel right.

Thanks, Bonnie. I'm guessing the number of women who have lived in a remote area and baked bread from scratch and drive a tesla would have to be pretty small. I'm proud to be a member of that club! And I trust I will handle being a Tesla owner with the grace you speak of.
btw; I bought a 5 gal bucket of paint @ Walmart today and we got a good portion of the garage painted this aft.
Gotta love the Goodlife!

Thanks, Bonnie. I'm guessing the number of women who have lived in a remote area and baked bread from scratch and drive a tesla would have to be pretty small. I'm proud to be a member of that club! And I trust I will handle being a Tesla owner with the grace you speak of.

Yeah, I'm guessing that as of now, that would be a Venn diagram of exactly 2 ;)

Make that a Venn diagram of 3....
You know Goodlife, I thought I'd get my husband back too after the S arrived. However he is only more obsessed now. Where as before he was just endlessly scouring the forums, reading every bit of information on the car and talking about it incessantly. Now he actually hangs out in it; listening to digital radio, keeping logs of every mile and Kw, pampering it with bubble baths and soft buffings, giving test rides, and telling everyone who will listen just how amazing 'she' is. I imagine they will have a nice valentines day together :love: . All joking aside, if I'm honest, after several factory tours and driving it myself I'm afraid the obsession has now rubbed off on me. Tesla is simply awesome! :biggrin:

And don't forget that the Tesla can be plugged into any 50 Amp RV plug (and will charge faster there than most EVSEs). These aren't on the charging applications, so you need an RV Park app to find those.

Check out Recargo's new update. It customizes the display for the type of plugs your vehicle can accept, including RV plugs. It is a nice upgrade.

Make that a Venn diagram of 3....
You know Goodlife, I thought I'd get my husband back too after the S arrived. However he is only more obsessed now. Where as before he was just endlessly scouring the forums, reading every bit of information on the car and talking about it incessantly. Now he actually hangs out in it; listening to digital radio, keeping logs of every mile and Kw, pampering it with bubble baths and soft buffings, giving test rides, and telling everyone who will listen just how amazing 'she' is. I imagine they will have a nice valentines day together :love: . All joking aside, if I'm honest, after several factory tours and driving it myself I'm afraid the obsession has now rubbed off on me. Tesla is simply awesome! :biggrin:
We lived in Palmer, Alaska for 3 years, would make genuine sour dough bread, pancakes, etc. Now, we were not crazy remote, but certainly knew how to get by.

We lived in Palmer, Alaska for 3 years, would make genuine sour dough bread, pancakes, etc. Now, we were not crazy remote, but certainly knew how to get by.

Mmmm, nothing like home made sourdough. I'm sure there is more than a small handful of us.

So, we aren't really 'remote' just far enough from family and the big city to have a little bit of range anxiety. Now when we drive to SF, instead of trying to make a beeline in six hours, we look at it more like an adventure. The extra 3+ hours of charge time, gives us an opportunity to explore things we would normally whiz right past. And this translates into tasting local artisanal treats, walking along forgotten train tracks to explore quaint little towns, sitting in the sun by the river listening to birds twitter, and chatting with random strangers.... really it's not so bad.

Mmmm, nothing like home made sourdough. I'm sure there is more than a small handful of us.

So, we aren't really 'remote' just far enough from family and the big city to have a little bit of range anxiety. Now when we drive to SF, instead of trying to make a beeline in six hours, we look at it more like an adventure. The extra 3+ hours of charge time, gives us an opportunity to explore things we would normally whiz right past. And this translates into tasting local artisanal treats, walking along forgotten train tracks to explore quaint little towns, sitting in the sun by the river listening to birds twitter, and chatting with random strangers.... really it's not so bad.

You make it sound wonderful! I think it will take some time to reconfigure my "go-go-go" attitude, but I would love to come across such a scenic opportunity along the route and slow it down a bit :cool:

Gotta take time to enjoy the Goodlife!

- - - Updated - - -

Very cool!!!

- - - Updated - - -

In less than a month you can throw Dr. Sherman into the mix (pun intended) since we are almost as remote (but still remote IMO) and her bread is awesome. Now all we need is the MS! She's also a brilliant shrink. Yeah, I'm biased. I kinda like her.

Very cool!!