Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

From NY to Dubai P85D

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've read of stories of folks who purchased and imported Model S paying Tesla for a technician to do an overseas "Ranger" service. I think there was a $1 per mile charge and the labor rates and travel expenses or something like that.

In which case I would suggest UAE owners could schedule all their work at the same time.

That would be a great idea to organize a ranger visit who can "service" several cars during the visit, thus splitting the costs among several owners. More importantly for all of us here actually, is Elon's last night tweet, in which he confirms Tesla has entered the Middle Eastern market through the Kingdom of Jordan, with other countries in the region to follow in 2016. There's even a Supercharger built in Jordan through their local partner, Manaseer Group.

Omar, did you order from the US, or from Europe?

I've read of stories of folks who purchased and imported Model S paying Tesla for a technician to do an overseas "Ranger" service. I think there was a $1 per mile charge and the labor rates and travel expenses or something like that.

In which case I would suggest UAE owners could schedule all their work at the same time.
Wow, good thing I didn't reply before reading your reply. I would have said it's probably not happening. Unless you have a garage and equipment for the ranger to use. I guess that could be rented though. Also my friend showed me the super charger pic in Jordan, I thought it was a photoshop as I didn't see any info on it on the net. Can you link to Elon's tweet or info about Jordan and the Middle East?

Wow, good thing I didn't reply before reading your reply. I would have said it's probably not happening. Unless you have a garage and equipment for the ranger to use. I guess that could be rented though. Also my friend showed me the super charger pic in Jordan, I thought it was a photoshop as I didn't see any info on it on the net. Can you link to Elon's tweet or info about Jordan and the Middle East?

Didn't see Elon's Tweet, but here's the Jordan Supercharger (from a thread about a month ago.)

As for renting a garage, et. al. That's what I heard folks doing to help each other out.