Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Free uncorking - WTF? Sign of autopilot dev trouble?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
zyg9IRi.gif

Instead of free, I would have put a nominal price on it ($500-$1000). It IS taking time from the service center staff, call staff, and appointment slots.

And yes, I thought the same thing. But it is a subset of the Tesla population & they will not see it that way. It's just something for nothing (and positive press).

I don't think any of us understands what you wrote. What did you get for free? The "uncorking" to increase the 0-60 performance? Your Model S60D battery unlocked to be a S75D?

Tesla has been running an uncorking campaign to uncork the "full" performance of 75Ds, shaving a second from 0-60. During Q3 it was only available for new deliveries. Now they extended that to part (most? all?) of the older 75D fleet as well.

I think it is a nice move and said nice things about it already. Well done, Tesla.

Instead of free, I would have put a nominal price on it ($500-$1000). It IS taking time from the service center staff, call staff, and appointment slots.
Not really, they said they're not taking appointments to uncork. It'll happen during a regular service visit. Click a button, come back 2 hours later to check that it's done. They update the firmware when you're there anyways, so it doesn't change anything.

Tesla has been running an uncorking campaign to uncork the "full" performance of 75Ds, shaving a second from 0-60. During Q3 it was only available for new deliveries. Now they extended that to part (most? all?) of the older 75D fleet as well.

I think it is a nice move and said nice things about it already. Well done, Tesla.
OP doesn't have a 75D in his signature.

Not really, they said they're not taking appointments to uncork. It'll happen during a regular service visit. Click a button, come back 2 hours later to check that it's done. They update the firmware when you're there anyways, so it doesn't change anything.

I've observed posts here and on other Tesla email lists about how folks demanded/begged for the change immediately and/or made up other problems to get their car into the shop.

I was under the impression it was more than firmware only change in some instances?