Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Free track mode telemetry viewer

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Creating this thread for discussion of the tool, announcements of updates to it, and sharing results at different tracks.

For those of you who have Model 3 or Y Performance cars with track mode, the car saves telemetry files and videos. In my spare time over the last few months I've written an application to visualize and analyze the telemetry alongside the video and shared it as open source, so it can be modified and extended. It's portable and has been tried on MacOS, Windows.

The viewer lives at: adrianco/rs-tesla-telemetry

I just recorded a video that shows how to get it onto your own machine, and what the current version can do. It comes with an example file, and the matching example video is on YouTube.

Install video:

Tool is open source, and is written in a language called R, that's used for statistical analysis. The language itself is free and open source, and the development tool RStudio is also a free download. It uses a UI toolkit called Shiny, so I called it the Shiny Tesla Telemetry Analyzer. It currently just runs locally on your system, so you can pull files off the USB stick at a track day, and view them on a laptop while working offline. The video integration depends on uploading the file to YouTube, so that is more useful for comparing sessions later.
PlotsCorkscrew.png

Thanks! I don’t have any autoX telemetry data, so if you could share a file with me I can change the app to manage them better. AutoX has the start and finish in different locations, so we need a way to mark them separately somehow. It would also be good to compare runs in the app, which would mean tracking multiple files. I’ll think about how to do that.

Same problem for drag strip or 0-60 runs.

Thanks! I don’t have any autoX telemetry data, so if you could share a file with me I can change the app to manage them better. AutoX has the start and finish in different locations, so we need a way to mark them separately somehow. It would also be good to compare runs in the app, which would mean tracking multiple files. I’ll think about how to do that.

Same problem for drag strip or 0-60 runs.

Yeah I will grab the card out of my car after work and share some files.

Solostorm is the most popular AutoX data viewer (android app), something anywhere close to overlay runs would be amazing.

Creating this thread for discussion of the tool, announcements of updates to it, and sharing results at different tracks.

For those of you who have Model 3 or Y Performance cars with track mode, the car saves telemetry files and videos. In my spare time over the last few months I've written an application to visualize and analyze the telemetry alongside the video and shared it as open source, so it can be modified and extended. It's portable and has been tried on MacOS, Windows.

The viewer lives at: adrianco/rs-tesla-telemetry

I just recorded a video that shows how to get it onto your own machine, and what the current version can do. It comes with an example file, and the matching example video is on YouTube.

Install video:

Tool is open source, and is written in a language called R, that's used for statistical analysis. The language itself is free and open source, and the development tool RStudio is also a free download. It uses a UI toolkit called Shiny, so I called it the Shiny Tesla Telemetry Analyzer. It currently just runs locally on your system, so you can pull files off the USB stick at a track day, and view them on a laptop while working offline. The video integration depends on uploading the file to YouTube, so that is more useful for comparing sessions later.
View attachment 626984
This is fantastic. I did a track day last weekend and was just looking at race render. Will try this too.

Excellent work! A useful thing I've done in the past is to color the plot of the lap with red for deceleration, blue for coastin (with some threshold for what counts as coasting) and green for acceleration. Comparing my own runs (decent, locally competitive driver) against nationally competitive drivers one of the key things that stood out is you could clearly see how the really good drivers basically never coasted, and were on the gas *at* the apex every time, rather than just after. Coloring the track map like this makes it easy to spot that stuff.