Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Four tires and a car seat?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'll be picking up a 2022 Model X with six seats. I have to do it with my 4-year-old daughter, which means car seat in one of the two captain's chair seats.

But I also have to get winter tires for the drive home and have the summer tires in the car.

Would I be able to fold the third row down and get 4 of the 20" stock wheels into the car? I can use the passenger seat if needed.

Thanks!

Last edited:
I have put 4 tires in the back with the third row folded down, but tight. You could also put one between the two middle row seats. Take an old sheet or blanket to protect the interior. You could put the car seat in the right rear, and move the left rear forward to give you more space behind it. You'll have a warning that the seat behind you is not locked, but you can override that. Behind the third row is also storage underneath. You can definitely fit one tire there standing up as well. Should not be a problem.

• Helpful
Reactions: scottf200
Yep, just did that yesterday.
2 in the trunk with the 3rd row down. 1 in upright in the storage bin in the trunk. 1 upright in the space between the captain 2nd row seats with blocks at one end so it doesn't roll back and forth during the drive. Just make sure you cover the tire.

Reactions: duggadugga