Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Formula E in Long Beach Interest List... (trying to get a group discounted rate)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

AEdennis

Jul 23, 2013
I posted this on the OC Tesla Club group page and just sent it to members whose emails we have, please take the time to either (or both) join the moderated group and/or provide your email to [email protected].

Per discussions from Sunday's Meet Up, I have made contact with group ticket sales with Formula E Long Beach.

The event is on Saturday, April 2, 2016.

The Formula E Group sales folks want to have an idea of how many people will be with our group before they will give us a quote on ticket prices.

Please register your interest by Thursday, March 3 at 10:00pm for this round so that I can get back to the group ticket sales in a timely manner.

Regular prices are $25 a person for general admission and there is a deal to buy 3, get one free. So I estimate that the MOST that they should charge our group is $18.75 a ticket (based on that "Buy 3 get one free" deal). Though the bigger our group, the more I believe we can get a discounted rate.

Please let me know if you are interested and the number in your party on this sign up sheet.

The event is general admission and I am asking for car count to see if we can get interest in some sort of discount from a parking lot nearby so we can all "tailgate". Additionally, some of the members at our table on Sunday mentioned that the guys at the Tesla Club LA are doing Rush X on Sunday, April 3rd, but it looks like they have a "Cars and Coffee" at Formula E on April 2 at Formula E, so with a count, I can reach out to Renee and/or Eric and see if they can fit us with their parking.

Once I get pricing, I will communicate back to you and we can collect payment, etc. then.

Please register your interest by Thursday, March 3 at 10:00pm for this round so that I can get back to the group ticket sales in a timely manner.

Thanks,

OC Planning Committee

Last edited:
BUMP. If you're interested, please let us know before 10pm PST today (0600 GMT March 4)

I'd like to give an initial count to see what sort of group rate that Formula E can do for us.

Thanks,

Dennis

Thanks @Dr.Computer... I actually was drafting an email I sent out to the group. Some from the OC might want to do the Race Suite this year. It's a little pricier this year (about $100 more, right?) and I figure to see how many want to stick to the current count. (at the moment we're on the bargain $18.75 rate (the buy 3 get 1 free deal price)) for general admission.

Here is the email I sent to the OC membership email list:

Just a quick update, I got an email and posting that the LA Tesla Club (socalgreenspeed.com) has decided to do a Race Suite again...

It's a lot pricier ($239 per person) than the General Admission deal that I'm trying to get for those interested.

Details are posted here: TeslaClubLA Flash EVent - Formula E Long Beach ePrix - April 2nd

At the moment, the response I received from Formula E has been for the buy 3 get 1 free deal with the 28 people response. ($18.75 per ticket).

The LA Club's Race Suite includes luxury accommodations track side. At $239 per person, it's a little pricier than I was planning for this year, but I wanted to offer it to OC Club members who may be interested in that instead.

If you've already responded to the count and are planning to take up the LA Club on their suite, please let me know ASAP or mark yourself to ZERO on the spreadsheet. I am still working with Formula E based on the current count and will need a total count once we lock down logistics.

I have also approached the CPK for a group reservation for the race and they can accommodate a large group with individual checks (like we usually do). Figure to do this before the race starts so we can all make it for the race.

Please let me know ASAP if you're changing the count. Looks like we're AT the $18.75 rate and I'm trying to work with Formula E to get the logistics of buying tickets at the buy 3 get 1 free deal.

Sent a long email to the folks that actually responded interest:

However I am not sure which of the emails I have is for Bill & Linda, and I have no email for Ray, Bryan, Bob who responded too.

The group tickets folks at Formula E have come back to our group and have 2 offers... I am proposing the FIRST one, but would be remiss if I didn't mention the second one. Please let me know which you vote for... Bear in mind that the second choice is still available regardless of whether Formula E starts the code for the first one..

1) a group rate of $28 for a general admission entry AND a Pit Walk Pass, plus TM surcharges (12%). This pass allows folks the opportunity to walk in the pit area in front of the garages before the start of the race.

From the email I received from Formula E:

"The pit walk is similar to the Paddock Pass and involves walk in front of the garages and you can view the work the teams are doing to prepare for the race ahead.

The fees are 12% of cost and you can pay individually - I will send you a discount code to share with your members which will be active until close of business on Tuesday. After this time I cannot offer the special discount."

Logistically this deal is easier than the Buy 3 get 1 free deal for most. Everyone goes to Ticketmaster and enters in the group code that Formula E will give us access to between now (when they actually get us the code) and Tuesday next week.

For those that have purchased tickets already, I am requesting a discount on the Pit Walk Pass to add on to those with tickets already in case you're interested in the same thing.

2) is the Buy 3 get 1 Free deal that is available to anyone that goes to Ticketmaster.

The drawback to this one is that we need to match up folks and someone has to buy the ticket and the remaining party has to find that other member and reimburse them the $18.75 per ticket (plus TM surcharges) that calculates from the Buy 3 get 1 Free split.

For those that have shown interest above (please provide your email to [email protected] to ensure that I am able to communicate to you directly.)

I am also trying to get an accurate count on how many people in the group will plan on taking the Admission+Pit Walk deal (will also help try to match folks up to #2 if they're not interested in the Pit Walk)...

No reply yet from Formula E on when the Pit Walk hours are...

Here's the tentative race day schedule:

[From Formula E]

Race Timetable
Timetable

Formula E is the world’s first fully-electric motorsport with nine teams and 18 drivers racing on street circuits constructed in some of the most famous cities on the globe.

The Long Beach ePrix will take place on April 2 with practice, qualifying and the race all taking place over the course of the day to minimize the disruption to the host city.

NOTE: Timetable is provisional and subject to change.

NOTE: All times shown are in Pacific time zone.

Timetable is provisional and subject to change.

7:00am Gates open
8:15am - 9:00am Practice 1
10:30am -11:00am Practice 2
11:10am -11:40am Dance Masters (eVillage)
12:00pm -1:00pm Qualifying
1:10pm - 1:30pm Electric Go Karts Celebrity Race (track)
1:40pm - 2:00pm Dragster and Big Foot (Track)
2:00pm - 2:30pm Driver’s Autograph Session (eVillage)
2:40pm - 3:00pm Parade
4:00pm - 5:00pm RACE
5:15pm - 5:30pm Podium Ceremony
6:00pm Gates close

[end of Paste]

The parade is for all BMW vehicles with a plug (they're a sponsor) so, if you have one of those, might want to join them. You get to drive the track...

Hah, had no idea you guys were organizing something... Some friends and I already have tickets, but I'm not sure how we're going to handle parking given that we probably won't be arriving early (driving out from the AV).

We are seeing how many folks would be interested in getting together "for lunch" at CPK... I have to check with CPK for availability, but don't want to miss the Pit Walk (which we got with our discounted passes)

Hi all... Haven't heard from the Formula E folks for the PitWalk, but found an updated schedule today...

Formatting when I cut and pasted it was pretty bad, so here's the image and the link...

Formula E 2016 Tentative Schedule.jpg by Dennis Pascual, on Flickr

It's a pretty packed day and looks like the 2 Pit Walks are spread out throughout the day...

If we do the CPK thing, it includes 2 hours of parking. Not sure how that would work as the race is for the whole day.

Ok. I sent an email to all members who signed up for the race.

Not knowing how many are planning on getting there early...

So, plan is to meet toward the entrance of the Pit Walk area at 11am and 2pm...

For my contact number, PM me.