Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Folding/Unfolding Mirrors

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Can someone help me? I have a 2022 Model Y. When I first got it I had a one car garage so I set the outside mirrors to fold in when I approached the garage. Worked great! Now I have a 2 car garage and I do not need the mirrors to fold in right before I enter the garage. I cannot find anywhere how to undo the folding mirrors as I approach the garage. I am sure there is a way to cancel my original setting but I cannot find it. Thanks to anyone who can tell me how to do this!

Note that there are TWO settings that control the mirror folding.

Vehicle > Mirror Auto-Fold

and

Controls > Auto-Fold Set at This Location

Check your manual to see if there's any special differences for Model Y. I think what you need to reset is the checkbox that appears on Controls > Auto-Fold Set at This Location.
Where is that found? Having same problem with my Work location, mirrors fold before I park. I deleted my Work location and that didn't help. Now I've deleted the location in Navigation, will see if that does it.

Where is that found? Having same problem with my Work location, mirrors fold before I park. I deleted my Work location and that didn't help. Now I've deleted the location in Navigation, will see if that does it.
You can log into your Tesla account, then download your owner's manual as a PDF. Open the PDF and use the "find" or "search" function on "auto-fold". That's the way I find stuff in the manual. You might need to search on a more general string like "mirror".

For what it is worth the main Tesla website does not have the proper or up to date manual for my car. I had to go here (I have a model S)
And the instructions are still garbage for removing saved mirror folding, it seems I may have to pull up that menu and wait for it to show saved location and then uncheck a box.

Can someone help me? I have a 2022 Model Y. When I first got it I had a one car garage so I set the outside mirrors to fold in when I approached the garage. Worked great! Now I have a 2 car garage and I do not need the mirrors to fold in right before I enter the garage. I cannot find anywhere how to undo the folding mirrors as I approach the garage. I am sure there is a way to cancel my original setting but I cannot find it. Thanks to anyone who can tell me how to do this!
Do you have Homelink? My mirror auto fold at home location is a checkbox under Homelink settings. It's there when I select the door I have set to auto open.

Still can't find the place to deselect the mirror folding at my work location. I have deleted the work location, deleted the address from navigation, and the mirrors still fold when I arrive (before I park, wouldn't be an issue if it waited until I used the mirrors to park).

Still can't find the place to deselect the mirror folding at my work location. I have deleted the work location, deleted the address from navigation, and the mirrors still fold when I arrive (before I park, wouldn't be an issue if it waited until I used the mirrors to park).
Have you tried getting guidance from a tech or representative at Tesla Service?

(I just got a Model Y as a loaner. I didn't see the same settings that I've always had in my Model S and described in my Owner's Manual. I betcha this location-based mirror folding is available only on MS and MX, not M3 or MY. Or it was available at one time, and now deleted. Hard to tell.)