Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Fit and finish improvement from 2014 to 2016?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Most common cause of instability at speed is toe-out on the rear wheels. Get Tesla to do an alignment on your car pronto, or your tires will be worn out very quickly.

I've had the SC do two alignments so far. The problem continues. The problem is not unique to my S, as there are others on here with the same problem and same lack of solution from Tesla.

I wouldn't give up on trying to find a solution. My MS is the most stable and smooth vehicle I have had the pleasure to own (other cars that I have are no slouch either - NSX, Porsche Cayenne, etc).

If the instability happens are specific speeds, I would look at the wheel balance situation. You can balance the wheel or even do an "on car" balance that accounts for the axels and bearings. If the vibration is more in your hands than your seat, that may point to issues on the front wheel. Last but not least, inspect the tires and rims for belt damage or out of round rims.

One more design change I have noticed from the first Model S compared with the revised design. The painted surfaces curve under the vehicle slightly and the rugged black plastic trim surrounding the outer base of the vehicle is gone. While it may have an improved appearance, keeping those lower painted surfaces looking perfect may be a challenge.

One more thing... Two of the California DMV ZEV HOV stickers must now be attached to painted surfaces. The original Model S had just enough black plastic exposed to attach the two rear side stickers on unpainted surfaces.

One more design change I have noticed from the first Model S compared with the revised design. The painted surfaces curve under the vehicle slightly and the rugged black plastic trim surrounding the outer base of the vehicle is gone. While it may have an improved appearance, keeping those lower painted surfaces looking perfect may be a challenge.

One more thing... Two of the California DMV ZEV HOV stickers must now be attached to painted surfaces. The original Model S had just enough black plastic exposed to attach the two rear side stickers on unpainted surfaces.

Also tires kick up rocks that will basically ruin the underneath paint. I liked the old design better.