Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

First Signature and First Production Delivery in Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not mine:

Order Confirmed
We have begun sourcing parts for your Model S Signature.

The updating is manual so I guess I could be in the queue - I am Sig 30 so probably the last..

- - - Updated - - -

So I hit refresh - a rush of blood as the page updates - yes I think it has changed...no dammmmm no change at all - it was just slow loading.

Not mine:

Order Confirmed
We have begun sourcing parts for your Model S Signature.

The updating is manual so I guess I could be in the queue - I am Sig 30 so probably the last..

- - - Updated - - -

So I hit refresh - a rush of blood as the page updates - yes I think it has changed...no dammmmm no change at all - it was just slow loading.

TM seems to release those announcements in batches. It will probably show up in next 24 hours....at least I hope it does as you Aussies have been waiting a LONG time. Good news though.....You will have all the latest/greatest incremental improvements that have been made in S over the last two years. :wink:

Now that we seem to have some movement among signature orders, has anyone with an Australian production order had their status change to "In production".
I am Australian Production order 26, so 25 people in front of me, anyone with a lower Australian production order number?
My current status :crying:
SourcingParts.jpg

I assume that they will start with a trickle and quickly ramp up the numbers once they have all the pre delivery wrinkles sorted and staff trained.

If correct we will see a frustratingly slow trickle at the start - but this will turn into a strong flow after a month or so.

If you think about it they will have to organise a regular/constant flow to ensure that they keep their staff occupied so I would expect that the flow will be organised to match the Sydney capabilities.

- - - Updated - - -

PS: Do all the Sigs get delivered first? If a production model was ordered before a Sig or do they wait for all the Sigs to be delivered?

It seems the only progress Tesla are making in Australia is in creating more demand they can't fulfill. They might have hundreds of people lined up for a test drive, but they have made no progress with their service centers or preparation for first deliveries. Forget about a launch of the first batch in September. This will not happen. Whatever happened to the old mantra of under promise and over deliver?! I mean how hard can it be to locate premises for a service centre? Or arrange a media launch? There are companies you can contract who do nothing else. I guess the first batch of cars will arrive and then be put into cold storage for a month or so. Who knows, perhaps October is out also.

Maybe the big question is 'how can a company who can't seem to manage expectations properly, has its own people operating in an information vacuum, can't determine a location for a service centre despite having years to do so, and will put cars into storage which people have been waiting years for because they haven't organized a media launch, make such SENSATIONAL ELECTRIC CARS?!'

Seriously, Tesla Motors, this is hopeless. Incredibly frustrating. I can't put my plans on hold indefinitely. I'm going overseas. Somebody call me if Tesla decide to actually deliver some cars.

It seems the only progress Tesla are making in Australia is in creating more demand they can't fulfill. They might have hundreds of people lined up for a test drive, but they have made no progress with their service centers or preparation for first deliveries. Forget about a launch of the first batch in September. This will not happen. Whatever happened to the old mantra of under promise and over deliver?! I mean how hard can it be to locate premises for a service centre? Or arrange a media launch? There are companies you can contract who do nothing else. I guess the first batch of cars will arrive and then be put into cold storage for a month or so. Who knows, perhaps October is out also.

Maybe the big question is 'how can a company who can't seem to manage expectations properly, has its own people operating in an information vacuum, can't determine a location for a service centre despite having years to do so, and will put cars into storage which people have been waiting years for because they haven't organized a media launch, make such SENSATIONAL ELECTRIC CARS?!'

Seriously, Tesla Motors, this is hopeless. Incredibly frustrating. I can't put my plans on hold indefinitely. I'm going overseas. Somebody call me if Tesla decide to actually deliver some cars.

Ian, do you have have some concrete info about a delayed launch? True, there is "radio silence", and I have heard nothing further, but with the upcoming launch on the 8th in Japan, and the fact that your car was complete a good two weeks prior to mine, and the end of quarter is September, I would be very surprised if our launch, at least, was not in September. Regarding new premises in Sydney, I agree with your comments. The problem seems to be an adequate power supply in the RIGHT location. Sure plenty of old factory premises would have this, but few inner city commercial properties would. The vast majority of those would have been designed as warehousing. Probably need upgrading with their own substation which would be no mean feat, not to mention all the regulatory hurdles and cost.

Ian, do you have have some concrete info about a delayed launch? True, there is "radio silence", and I have heard nothing further, but with the upcoming launch on the 8th in Japan, and the fact that your car was complete a good two weeks prior to mine, and the end of quarter is September, I would be very surprised if our launch, at least, was not in September. Regarding new premises in Sydney, I agree with your comments. The problem seems to be an adequate power supply in the RIGHT location. Sure plenty of old factory premises would have this, but few inner city commercial properties would. The vast majority of those would have been designed as warehousing. Probably need upgrading with their own substation which would be no mean feat, not to mention all the regulatory hurdles and cost.

I agree with Dborn - I'd be very surprised if the first batch of sigs weren't delivered in September.

I know for a fact that they have made progress on all your complaints and that a delivery team is waiting in preparation for your car to arrive. We both know it's on a boat on the way here and that Australia is next in line for a launch event after Japan next week. There are not many steps left before they put a car in your hands...

you reminded me of that guy in china that took a bat to this model S when it was finally delivered as protest. so what will it be baseball or cricket ?

you reminded me of that guy in china that took a bat to this model S when it was finally delivered as protest. so what will it be baseball or cricket ?

Hopefully, I'm not quite that mad. Feather duster?

- - - Updated - - -

I agree with Dborn - I'd be very surprised if the first batch of sigs weren't delivered in September.

A couple of days ago, I would have said the same. Let's just say there has been a very strong hint directly out of Tesla US. I'm happy to be proved wrong. But I am, unfortunately, confident that the launch will not be until October. And I believe this despite the fact my status has changed to 'Your Model S Signature is being prepared for pickup or delivery'. My brother has spoken to a few Tesla people in the USA recently. He was told that this status does not necessarily mean that the vehicles have even docked yet. They could still be on the water. And even if the vehicles are in Australia in September, they will not launch until they have all their ducks in a row.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad tidings guys. And I hope I have gotten this completely wrong. If I'm wrong and they do launch in September, I probably won't be here. Anyone interested in going as my body double?