Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 8.0

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The Front vs. Rear air controls and the fan speed of the seats gave it away in the first pic.
I did notice the controls and without dwelling on it, assumed :rolleyes: that the S was getting a boost. I still think a slightly better angle exists for the X, with a deeper turn, similar to the website but I suppose they don't dwell on such things.

Good insights from Ingineer as usual, thanks for posting......I'm expecting geofencing queues any day now.

I think it needs just one more option...

upload_2016-9-18_0-3-34.png

;)

Yes, 103.53.1 is indeed an EAP version of 8.0.

I've played with it quite a bit today. AP is improved, but it's nothing earth shattering.

The CID is definitely less laggy. The browser is the same crappy thing, but in general they have squeezed out a bit more performance. It's helped that they've turned off the horrendous amount of syslog logging that used to be happening in the background.

In the US we get to keep Slacker (at least in this version), in the EU it's still spotify.

pic

It's the same basic UI that's been reskinned again. The navigation will go full screen when you are driving and use ALL the screen real estate, hiding the 2 bars at the top.

The Media player has been redone. Seems to work much better and the UI is nice.

Thanks, @Ingineer !

Still no CarPlay, I assume...

Can we hope for 8.1?

Reactions: davidc18
I know we can't avoid the whole very subjective "I hate it" or "I love it" debate over the UI that is sure to happen again as it did repetitively for so long last time. :(

...but I must say, assuming Electrek's IC display image is what we're going to receive, I'm hugely disappointed that Elon/Tesla once again prioritized the Toy Car AP Display remaining in it's present location, vs moving the MORE IMPORTANT speed, TACC, AP On/Off, and key idiot lights beneath it -- so 100% of drivers could better see those critical safety and usability items on the IC display. Some of us have discussed this concern/suggestion in more detail elsewhere.

I see this as another example supporting my belief that Tesla does not consider it's whole present+future driver population as well as it should, in part perhaps because Elon does not care about real usability things effecting a smaller population unless pressed by the NHTSA or via negative press. His priority is AP front-and-center over most everything else, and continued low-and-center placement of the toy car display demonstrates it. (Yes, I did send a specific email suggestion on this subject to Tesla last Fall, and I'm 5'-11" and not alone in this concern from other comments on this forum.) It appears continued sore shoulders are in store for me when driving my MS on road trips, as I sit with the steering wheel too high, seat too low and further back than any other vehicle I've owned -- just so I can see how fast I'm driving and the TACC/AP indicators. As much as I'm OK being somewhat of a guinea pig with most changes Tesla provides, I still cherish my first 2-weeks of pre-AP ownership with 6.2, just because my physical MS driving experience was so much more enjoyable.

Last edited: