Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Feature request: Leave AC on for (n) minutes when I leave the car

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I like the idea, and the specific implementation of displaying a small icon near the environmental controls to enable. Easy to turn on, but won't annoy others.

If I'm running into a store for a minute and my family is still in the car, I will frequently leave the door open a crack to leave the HVAC on which is ironic. Sometimes my wife remembers she can touch the 17" console to turn the air back on (even without the key) but she sometimes misses the window. With this method I can turn it on before I leave the car.

I would LOVE this feature. My phone does NOT like the App and takes two or more attempts to connect with my car. By the time I'm done messing with it, I could have been done my errands.

And speaking of wasting energy, Nigel, everyone knows that maintaining the same temperature uses less energy than turning HVAC off and restarting it later after the car has warmed up/cooled down.

I would LOVE this feature. My phone does NOT like the App and takes two or more attempts to connect with my car. By the time I'm done messing with it, I could have been done my errands.

And speaking of wasting energy, Nigel, everyone knows that maintaining the same temperature uses less energy than turning HVAC off and restarting it later after the car has warmed up/cooled down.

Depends on how long you're gone.