Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Fair price for full vehicle tint

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I believe here in Austin, I had two different quotes, one for XPEL prime XR plus and also another shop for llumar stratos.

XPEL - all windows (not including FWD tops just sides) for $850. Windshield was like $400. (prices are +/- $50)
Llumar - all windows (not including FWD tops) for $649. FWD tops are $100 each. Windshield with air 90 is $600.

I think the XPEL price did not include tax. Tax is already factored into the Llumar. It's about the same though.

I believe here in Austin, I had two different quotes, one for XPEL prime XR plus and also another shop for llumar stratos.

XPEL - all windows (not including FWD tops just sides) for $850. Windshield was like $400. (prices are +/- $50)
Llumar - all windows (not including FWD tops) for $649. FWD tops are $100 each. Windshield with air 90 is $600.

I think the XPEL price did not include tax. Tax is already factored into the Llumar. It's about the same though.

$850 included the hatch back window? Not too bad. I'm having a hell of a time finding anyone that can tint the windshield in the Portland, OR area. I'd love to be able to get it done for $400. Only couple places I've come across that can, use the Spectra Photosync film and charge in excess of $1200 just for the windshield.

$850 included the hatch back window? Not too bad. I'm having a hell of a time finding anyone that can tint the windshield in the Portland, OR area. I'd love to be able to get it done for $400. Only couple places I've come across that can, use the Spectra Photosync film and charge in excess of $1200 just for the windshield.

Windshield is a tough install ...That’s the price for photosync in Orange County ...I’m san Diego there is a shop that will do for 550

Do you know what shop and film they use? I have friends down there and may seriously consider just making a road trip of it and coming down there

I have photosync all the way the shop is monumental they do a lot of Tesla’s ..their current group buy is for 550 windshield 800 for rest of car ..I got better deal though ;) ..also windshield was one piece I watched them do was a b*tch

Do you know what shop and film they use? I have friends down there and may seriously consider just making a road trip of it and coming down there

See the group buy here

Window tin group buy in San Diego

They have done 3 of my cars ..they are near the Tesla delivery center so do quite a few Tesla’s and do good work ..having shopped photo sync prices they are the best ...only one other shop in SD that does and not even close ..in OC it’s like double lol

Yes it included the rear window.

My total with stratos/air90 was $1448 after tax. This included every window including one piece windshield.

• Informative
Reactions: P85_DA
two-piece = BOO! I don't want to see any lines! :p

It's faster for you to drive to Texas for a one piece install than San Diego though lol

I think EVS motors in Houston does photosync?

Yeah EVS does. i've seen pics of their two-piece, its not bad actually and u can't barely notice. if i take delivery in houston instead of home delivery in louisiana then i might consider them.