Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Facelifted Model S?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The nosecone was a design PHEV; meaning a temporary solution for the buyer wanting a BEV but viewing car design from an ICEv POV.

There is no airflow through the fake grill solid piece of plastic, it is a lie and a glaring design mistake.

At some point Tesla needs to stop aping Jaguar,Aston Martin, and Maserati.

The grill isn't there because it's copying an ICE, the grill is there because it's the car's face. Yes most people anthropomorphize their cars.

If that's true, then why did the designer not put another faux grille on the MX?

I think the MX front IS a face -- a bird's face. The little triangular drop in the middle is the tip of a falcon's beak.

bird face 1.jpg
bird face 2.jpg

In fact thinking about it in this context I now doubt the MS will be facelifted to copy the MX nose. The MX nose is part of a car-specific falcon theme that doesn't apply to the MS.

Last edited:
I went on a plant tour last week and there was a Model S in the workshop covered up. However the cover was pulled back just enough to reveal the headlight was removed and front bumper. Given the model S is 3 years old - I would expect it to get the new look. I may have very well seen a work in progress car.

I don't think the Model S looks an Avalon at all, or even other large sedans luxury or otherwise. You know it's different and good when different kids say "cool!". I mean it happens a lot. It has never gotten the kind of attention our BMW and Mercedes have. My defailer who hand washes my car tells me that people stop by asking about my Model S. There are conventional elements to the design of the S, but it absolutely does not look like other cars. It looks the cost that it has- coming from experience with Merc and BMW cars. The most I ever had was compliments such as nice car with BMW. Neither the BMW nor Merc were ever a head turner like the Model S. Also most definitely a 100k car when you factor everything in, rather than just comparing luxury options.

Agree. Teens and 20somethings compliment me on my Model S all the time. I also get a lot of questions from the drivers of BMW 5 and 7 series in particular, for some reason.

The arrival of the heated steering wheel in the Cold Weather Climate option was also an unannounced change. Likewise staggered wheel fitments coming and going and coming again with 21 inch wheel option... It just happens.

Tesla could make better use of their UPDATE blogs on the website IMHO. I find the lack of details regarding the model X to be perplexing.