Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Evannex front console vs Tesla front console

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I took delivery of my MS 70D a month ago right before the center console became standard. I and gave it a shot with no console but have decided that I'd really like one. Can anyone opine on the pros/cons of the two options? Obviously the Tesla option is twice as expensive - but if cost is no option, which is better?

I don't own either but I've seen them both in person.

Here's my quick 2 cents.

Evannex is just as attractive as the Tesla and just as well built.
Evannex is removable, Tesla is bolted in.
Tesla has more storage space and is more configurable.
Neither have a good solution for holding a cell phone.

I'd had my car a month now too and I'm still on the fence.

I have the Evannex Center console. Very happy with the build quality and almost perfect match to the grey leather and the carbon fiber trim.
I agree with SHOTGUNF15E, poor holder for the cell phone. I added the additional cup-holder, with could be a better configuration.

Don't know enough about the Tesla console to do a comparison.

I haven't owned the Evannex, but did have hands on time with one earlier on. I didn't like the single cup holder, but it was cool that it was removable. Now that I have the Tesla one, I never even think of removing it anyway though. I'd buy the Tesla personally, but that's just me.

If you haven't heard of the company, Pro Clip makes the best phone mounts. The center mount for MS is in the perfect position for line of sight, reach, and it's super solid. (You need a holder that fits your phone too, or the universal one). I have the (free and included) Tesla console that came with my recent 70D and the iphone connector is mainly for charging, not for mounting the phone if you intend to view/use the phone while "driving" :)

Tesla S 2013-2017 ProClip Center Mount - ProClip USA

If you haven't heard of the company, Pro Clip makes the best phone mounts. The center mount for MS is in the perfect position for line of sight, reach, and it's super solid. (You need a holder that fits your phone too, or the universal one). I have the (free and included) Tesla console that came with my recent 70D and the iphone connector is mainly for charging, not for mounting the phone if you intend to view/use the phone while "driving" :)

Tesla S 2013-2017 ProClip Center Mount - ProClip USA

Will it hold an iPhone 6+ in Launch mode?

I chose the Evannex product only because it can very easily be removed when I prefer to have the open space. The cupholder works fine and it holds my Iphone 6plus just fine also. Storage is ok. I also got the cubby door which allows you to store things in the cubby and not have them fly out when taking off fast. That was only $40 more. Looks great also.
Getting the phone charger through the hole so that you can charge while in the holder is absurdly difficult. I gave up on trying but not a big deal to not have it connected.