Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

EV.energy

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone else having a problem ?

move had Rolec and EV.energy for nearly a year now and it has been generally good, With any issues promptly sorted via their app email service.
Recently it’s not been so good, the problem I have is that the smart charging function just won’t work or charge my car ... I’ve done the reset and logged in and out of the app but still nothing. The only way I can get my car to charge is to use it as a dumb charger (I know I can use the car to determined the times to charge)
Just wondering if anyone else is having the same issue as they aren’t being that good at coming back to me on this one

Has your car has not got a good phone signal? Can you start a boost charge from the ev.energy app?
The app won’t even recognise that the car is plugged in so I can’t do a boost charge ... therefore I have to disable smart charging and it then works as a dumb charger.
Problem is that that I can’t take full advantage of my offpeak rate whilst I have this problem unless I set the charge times from within the Tesla itself

Sounds like ev.energy can’t connect to the Mothership for your car.

It was about 45 days ago Tesla turned on 2FA and depending on when your token was last issued might be that. Or Tesla rolling out the next stage 2FA for Apps or something else.

Try changing your Tesla password in your Tesla account. Then re- add the password to ev.energy. That will reset your credentials and get you a new token. Let us know how you get on.

Does your Tesla App wake the car from sleep?

The app won’t even recognise that the car is plugged in so I can’t do a boost charge ... therefore I have to disable smart charging and it then works as a dumb charger.
Problem is that that I can’t take full advantage of my offpeak rate whilst I have this problem unless I set the charge times from within the Tesla itself
Sorry, I am slightly confused. Is your charger smart or do you use the car to provide the 'smart' charging?

Sounds like ev.energy can’t connect to the Mothership for your car.

It was about 45 days ago Tesla turned on 2FA and depending on when your token was last issued might be that. Or Tesla rolling out the next stage 2FA for Apps or something else.

Try changing your Tesla password in your Tesla account. Then re- add the password to ev.energy. That will reset your credentials and get you a new token. Let us know how you get on.

Does your Tesla App wake the car from sleep?
Yes they (EV energy) mentioned something today about the token not refreshing after 45days like it should and they’re now investigating why....

• Helpful
Reactions: NewbieT
Do you have any other apps connected to your car or charger? I had issues with ev.energy and it turned out the Juice net app that was recommended for my charger (an EO Mini Pro) was conflicting with, and stopping ev.energy from starting my charge.

I was having issues with the ev.energy app too. It was soon after installing Tasker for Tesla to use NFC tags to unlock the charger. I stopped using Tasker and changed my Tesla password and then updated ev.energy with the new one. It's been solid ever since.
Also check you haven't got a departure time set in on the car.

I’ve just manually called the API for a new token and a token refresh. Worked flawlessly the same as it has over the last year. No change. No 2FA.

Could be another app interfering.... If you send too many bad calls the Mothership will temporarily block you out. Could also be when ev.energy and others had to port to new hosting /VPNs after AWS, Azure etc got blocked by Tesla.

Did the password reset help?

I did the password reset last week and it didn’t help but will try it again

The only apps I use that communicate with the car is the Tesla one and the EV.energy one ... nothing else, never have
I have pm'd you if you want to try to work this through off the thread (its going to get annoying for the other users) but for starters step 1 - uninstall ev.energy app and reinstall it from App/Play Store (If you can sign up for the Beta release) Put in your ev.energy username and password and it should have your car settings stored in Account > Car Details. already without you needing to put them in.

I had an issue with my Rolex smart charger last night (on ev.energy), it only ran for 58 minutes and charged to 63% (set to 80%). I’m on Octopus Go Faster set to 2030 for 4 hours cheap rate.
I’ve used it on the smart setting for some time without problems, but now looks like I’ll have to switch smart off to get it to charge properly. It’s just as well I wasn’t planning a long trip!
UPDATE:
It looks like the car did charge to 80% after all - it looks like it’s a bug in TeslaFi not reporting the second half of the charge!

Last edited: