Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

" Europe and Asia are pending regulatory approval "

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Installed it this morning over 3g. Did test it a bit today as well, although in difficult conditions : 3-4 lane highway, narrow lanes, lots of turns and traffic. Works terrifically well! The only thing I could not get to work is auto lane changes: although lanes were displayed to the left and right, the car would not move when I engaged the turn signal.

Parallel parking worked on first attempt though in heavy city traffic :)

Not sure if it was already mentioned somewhere, but the 7.0 we got in Europe (2.7.77) is slightly newer than the one in the US (2.7.56).

One difference is the temperature and time on the dash are back! You can see what it looks like here: Model S | Tesla Motors Schweiz

Another difference seems to be, that it won't change lanes if you don't have your hands on the steering wheel. I don't know if they had to do this because of some law, or if it will be like that in future U.S. versions too.

Another difference seems to be, that it won't change lanes if you don't have your hands on the steering wheel. I don't know if they had to do this because of some law, or if it will be like that in future U.S. versions too.

That's probably it. I didn't read the release notes before trying this out to be honest as I read the US version already a week ago using this forum and comments specifically mentioned you do not need to hold the wheel to initiate a lane change. I was holding a finger on the wheel but this probably wasn't enough. Will try again tomorrow.