Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Energy Savings Trust loan for Model 3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You don't need to make a chaps payment, <£100K will go via the faster payment system and you just need a printed receipt from the bank with Tesla details a/c details and your payment. I recommend making a payment to Tesla from your bank account so they confirm they've got it then the larger final payment is just another payment to an existing payee.

I got my Ohme charger fitted this afternoon. In the middle of it I got an email, in fact 2 identical emails, from EST saying that my funds were in the process of being paid into my bank. Hopefully that means that Monday is still on. Though I'll have to find a TSB in Edinburgh to make the CHAPS payment from asif I waited till the banks open here I don't think I'd make the 1400 appointment.
So it looks like the guy was correct and the american accented lady was wrong.
I sent a text to Tesla saying that I might be on for Monday after all and asking for a contact no for Edinburgh so I could let them know.. The replied that they couldn't hold on to the car as space was very tight and sent me a contact no. Do you need the number Andy?
There's an RBS in Newbridge (part of the same group) if that helps

What time on Wednesday did they send and what time on Friday did they arrive?

I am hopeful that funds will be sent on Tuesday (which is day 11/10) and pick up on Friday
You'll be OK - I only noticed funds after 5pm.
Have EST confirmed you are on a payment run?
You can pay Tesla on the day of pick up (worst case scenario) as the banks faster payment receipt (with Tesla sort and a/c) is all they need

You'll be OK - I only noticed funds after 5pm.
Have EST confirmed you are on a payment run?
You can pay Tesla on the day of pick up (worst case scenario) as the banks faster payment receipt (with Tesla sort and a/c) is all they need
They have just explained that I am in a queue for payment and it should be then could be then should be then could be then don’t want to get my hopes up re : next run on Tuesday.

invoice was sent 2nd March, verified by Tesla 4th march, went to claim being checked on Tuesday this week

Fnally got the money in the bank on Monday morning.. I woke up at 6 to check the bank balance, half expecting it not to be there. We were up half an hour later and on the train an hour or so after that. Wew met up with an old friend in Edinburgh, who heplfully had booked table at Toby in Corstorphine almost opposite the bank. I popped in there and did a CHAPS payment..it cost £30 but at least it was done. Then we had a nice meal and he dropped us off at Tesla. Its ben an interesting and at times stressful experience but having ordered on the 14th February to the car being on the drive on the 16th March. I'm gobsmacked that they got it all done in time.Thanks to the guys at the EST. I hope theweakestlink got his money today. Edinburg is incredibly busy with no room really to store cars resulting in the cars being brought in and departing the same day.. give your car a really good check over as they don't seem to have a lot of time to do any checking.. in particular check the reflections in the paintwork and the lines of the doors.

Fnally got the money in the bank on Monday morning.. I woke up at 6 to check the bank balance, half expecting it not to be there. We were up half an hour later and on the train an hour or so after that. Wew met up with an old friend in Edinburgh, who heplfully had booked table at Toby in Corstorphine almost opposite the bank. I popped in there and did a CHAPS payment..it cost £30 but at least it was done. Then we had a nice meal and he dropped us off at Tesla. Its ben an interesting and at times stressful experience but having ordered on the 14th February to the car being on the drive on the 16th March. I'm gobsmacked that they got it all done in time.Thanks to the guys at the EST. I hope theweakestlink got his money today. Edinburg is incredibly busy with no room really to store cars resulting in the cars being brought in and departing the same day.. give your car a really good check over as they don't seem to have a lot of time to do any checking.. in particular check the reflections in the paintwork and the lines of the doors.
Was told on a run today for payment. Nothing as yet...... what time of day was it you got the emails to say funds sent?

I g
1400 Thursday.. kept checking evey hour.. then the funds came in overnight sunday/monday.
Hopefully thet means you'll have the email this afternoon and then funds hopefully Friday.
I gave them a phone. Have said funds sent. No email or update on portal tho. I’m just at the point of being so anxious about the whole thing now being without a car, but also not losing the one I have as OLEV will be lost and also tax benefit for this year.

Just to let everyone know there is hope for us all. I was told the EST made payment on Thursday the 12th. Money in account on Tuesday the 17th. My pickup was moved till this Saturday the 21st but I called up Tesla on Tuesday morning and Edinburgh let me collect the car that day!

Loving the car so far! Good luck all!

Reactions: DaddyCool
"
New Just to let everyone know there is hope for us all. I was told the EST made payment on Thursday the 12th. Money in account on Tuesday the 17th. My pickup was moved till this Saturday the 21st but I called up Tesla on Tuesday morning and Edinburgh let me collect the car that day!

Loving the car so far! Good luck all!"

Yes they're desperate to move cars .. if you have the payment, its always worth giving them a ring to ask about an early pickup.

Just to let everyone know there is hope for us all. I was told the EST made payment on Thursday the 12th. Money in account on Tuesday the 17th. My pickup was moved till this Saturday the 21st but I called up Tesla on Tuesday morning and Edinburgh let me collect the car that day!

Loving the car so far! Good luck all!
Great news! Did they tell u on that day the money was sent or was that the day they emailed?

I got told yesterday money was sent, but email only came in today. Got everything crossed for money by Friday as that’s when pick up arranged (already been delayed a week!)

Reactions: exlatccatsa