Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Emergency Speaker Disconnect

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Was reading another thread where someone was unable to reconnect their emergency speaker wire and had a question related to it...

A few weeks ago, I was moving my seats forward to haul a big box. When I went to set the seat down, it clicked in but was a bit tough to push back. Didn't think too much of it and shoved the rear seat back into position. But when I went to drive, I got an error message (and an accompanying constant beeping) warning me that the rear seat is not latched in all the way. It says to lift up the seat and put it back down to reset but it's since gotten jammed, I can't slide it forward, much less lift it up. I've since gone to the SC and they're replacing the entire rear seat - however.... I have to wait several weeks.

In the meantime, I can still drive the car no problem, but the car is constantly beeping at me. I can't even drown it out with music because the louder the music, the louder the beeping!

Long story short, my question is... If I unplug the emergency speaker, will that disable the beeping but allow music to still be played? It might mean that other safety sounds will be disabled as well, but just exploring the possibility. If that does work... where is this connector? All I could gather from the other post was that it's something that is typically removed when changing the filter?