Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Tesla's Supercharger Team was recently laid off. We discuss what this means for the company on today's TMC Podcast streaming live at 1PM PDT. You can watch on X or on YouTube where you can participate in the live chat.

Elon & Twitter

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If they have a license, no problem, they can rebroadcast it.

And no, they are not liable for the content. Just like whenever there was a "wardrobe malfuction" a few years ago at the superbowl halftime show, the network was not responsible for that content (although they are required to cut away as quickly as reasonably possible because it violated some laws, and they can't re-air that portion).
The "wardrobe malfunction" was from the halftime show, which the network had no responsibility for AFAIK. The network wouldn't have any responsibility if a fan had streaked the field during the game either. But what if a YouTube employee had said something during that broadcast that was defamatory? In theory, YouTube would have more responsibility because as the employer, YouTube could tell the person what he or she can and cannot say, and if the person fails to comply, YouTube could fire him/her and prevent him/her from ever appearing on another YouTube broadcast. This same person could still create a YouTube account and post stuff to the platform as a member of the general public, but it seems like the company should be more responsible for the actions of an employee vs. the actions of a non employee user.

Reactions: sunwarriors
Surely those on the left have to admit that Fox being brought down is good?
Tucker will probably remain on the right because there is no centre ground as yet and there is a definite audience on the right that he can at least prevent from going further right. It is in Tuckers interest to keep Elon on side to maximise his money and influence on the platform. Elon will move him slowly to the centre. Or at least what was the centre.

“Interesting” 😇

Tucker Carlson just moved from one mercurial media boss to another

Musk's Twitter may not be the promised land he's hoping for though.

Tech business journalist Kara Swisher put it this way: "Elon is not unlike Rupert," she said, referring to Carlson's former boss, Fox Corp. chairman Rupert Murdoch, "which means he is the show and he will show you the door if you cross him. Level of difficulty: Rupert is canny and sane; Elon is, well, Elon."

• Funny
Reactions: EVNow and advocate8
If Musk is serious about turning Twitter into an “everything” app, does it make sense to require users to use it for tweeting?

Twitter: Why is Elon Musk purging inactive accounts?

Many also suggested that the plan had not been fully thought through when it was announced, noting that Mr Musk had given no information to those who might have accounts removed, such as those that use them only to follow developments on Twitter and not post their own tweets.

Twitter, like other social media platforms, is where conspiracy theories can proliferate. But Musk, joining in on the conspiracy spreading by tweeting responses like “interesting” and “wow”, lends credence to those theories by people who respect him.

Tucker Carlson Is Launching a New Show on Twitter

No stranger to hawking conspiracy theories, Twitter's appeal to Carlson lies in the environment personally cultivated by Musk. In the aftermath of a mass shooting outside of a mall in Allen, Texas, Musk amplified and endorsed conspiracy theories that the shooter's white supremacist beliefs were fabricated and a "psy-op," and has been responding to xenophobic tweets villainizing migrants and asylum seekers at the border.

Elon will move him slowly to the centre.
Elon is nowhere near the center and has been moving more towards the right. He doesn't care about facts and simply pushes his "anti woke" agenda at any cost. Tucker also doesn't care about facts which are in contrast to his narrative, as proven recently when his true thoughts were exposed behind the scenes. If anything Tucker will push him further into the extremes. Elon is turning Twitter into another Truth Social/Parlor, neither of which has been successful because of their narrow target audience.

Elon hoping Tucker will move to the centre:
If you know of a better way to pull together two polarised camps I would like to hear it.

Um... I see you're from the UK. So maybe you're not familiar with Tucker Carlson's content.

Expecting Tucker Carlson to become more centrist would be like expecting Goebbels to to become more centrist.

AND IN RELATED IRONY

The person Elon amplified in the earlier tweet widely promoted hatred Including complaining how much work finding a "non muslim" cab is, tagging herself a "#Proudislamophobe", calling for a complete and permenant ban to muslims entering the US, once handcuffed herself to Twitters offices wearing a yellow "jude" patch, said Muslims shouldn't even be allowed to run for office in the US, said in response to a story of 2000 migrants dying in the med sea drowing "Good. Here's to 2000 more", said of a neo-nazi group "they believe in preserving white European culture; there is nothing wrong with that", spoke at MULTIPLE gatherings and annual conferences of white supremacists and white supremacy groups.
You’ve done your research.

I just deleted my Twitter account too. I don't need that negativity in my life.
Are you going to delete Internet also from your life?

Twitter just reflects the dialogs, debates and opinions of various individuals. Just like people who like echo chambers like CNN and Fox, you can confine yourself to your echo chamber in Twitter.

It has Carlson and it has AoC too. Both are fake masters. But it has other people too.

Are you going to delete Internet also from your life?

Twitter just reflects the dialogs, debates and opinions of various individuals. Just like people who like echo chambers like CNN and Fox, you can confine yourself to your echo chamber in Twitter.

It has Carlson and it has AoC too. Both are fake masters. But it has other people too.
The signal to noise ratio on Twitter is horrendous. And far too much of the noise is generated by horrible people. Should have deleted months ago.

The signal to noise ratio on Twitter is horrendous. And far too much of the noise is generated by horrible people. Should have deleted months ago.
How so? I find this argument extremely silly. You are just repeating what the media tells you to think.

You can follow only what you consider as signal. I am sure there are individuals from various fields - science, tech, sports, politics, media, arts, entertainment, etc.. that you have some respect and would consider as reasonable source of truth. You can can just follow them and ignore the rest.

As for me, I follow individuals on both sides of the aisle. I want to see who is lying the least . :)

In this case, a sexist. So much so, he was fired for it. His politics, whatever they are, aren’t really the point.
This and the Carlson move are Elon promoting Twitter as a refuge for media personalities who are too sexist, racist and/or conspiracy-minded for either side of the media aisle. It’s hard to spin this as Twitter improving itself.

Exactly. It's not worth the hours of my life I'd lose reading Twitter and fact checking all of the crap on there. I have better things to be doing than constantly telling stupid people that they're stupid.

How so? I find this argument extremely silly. You are just repeating what the media tells you to think.

mediacontrol.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.