Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Elon & Twitter

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Heh my dad just called me asking realistically what the trade-in on his model X would be and what would be a decent car to replace it. We're both physicians who saw the pandemic very up close, and the recent tweets are the direct cause of wanting to drop the company. Right now he's leaning BMW iX. I think I'm going to have to go with the i4, or maybe stretch a little and go for a Taycan.
REEEEEEEE

Elon's tweets are inciting violence (no surprise from those who said this would happen earlier, when commenting on his tweets). How long before Elon himself is suspended from Twitter?

REEEEEEEEEEEE....Inciting violence? The only thing he is inciting are brainwashed psychos to lose their minds...and that isn't his fault.

Elon's tweets are inciting violence (no surprise from those who said this would happen earlier, when commenting on his tweets). How long before Elon himself is suspended from Twitter?

Criticizing someone is not incitement of violence and if crazy people want to engage in threats based on that, then that’s their responsibility

You know was woke?Jesus and Abraham Lincoln and Martin Luther King, Jr.
Every once in a while I have the actual answer to something, usually its when my wife askes where "X" is in our house, but here, who knows, maybe I should get a twitter account to point out:

1. No danger of China or India succumbing to the Woke Mind Virus ("WMV").
2. No danger of all of Africa as well. Of course, they have their hands full with civil wars and stuff but still.
3. South America is safe, as you have to be familiar, very familiar, with English to even know what WMV is.
4. Europe is safe, since Europe does not subscribe to whatever Tucker Carlson says is a problem in any event.
5. All the other culturally distinct Asian countries also don't even know what WMV is, for various reasons.
6. Ah, what the heck, throw in all the Muslim theocracies as well, just for laughs you know. I heard Elon is moving to Iran since they are so worried about WMV they had a public execution of a guy for protesting beating a woman to death for not wearing your scarf correctly. Now they know how to smush out WMV before it even starts. Go Iran!

Elon can just declare victory by tweet tomorrow and we are all good. The number one issue facing humanity via Twitter is solved.

Now can we go back to something actually threatening humanity? Like pollution or say, global warming?

Every once in a while I have the actual answer to something, usually its when my wife askes where "X" is in our house, but here, who knows, maybe I should get a twitter account to point out:

1. No danger of China or India succumbing to the Woke Mind Virus ("WMV").
2. No danger of all of Africa as well. Of course, they have their hands full with civil wars and stuff but still.
3. South America is safe, as you have to be familiar, very familiar, with English to even know what WMV is.
4. Europe is safe, since Europe does not subscribe to whatever Tucker Carlson says is a problem in any event.
5. All the other culturally distinct Asian countries also don't even know what WMV is, for various reasons.
6. Ah, what the heck, throw in all the Muslim theocracies as well, just for laughs you know. I heard Elon is moving to Iran since they are so worried about WMV they had a public execution of a guy for protesting beating a woman to death for not wearing your scarf correctly. Now they know how to smush out WMV before it even starts. Go Iran!

Elon can just declare victory by tweet tomorrow and we are all good. The number one issue facing humanity via Twitter is solved.

Now can we go back to something actually threatening humanity? Like pollution or say, global warming?

Wow, talk about not doing any research.

Musk’s honeymoon phase at Twitter has been marked by a relentless campaign to root out the supposed misdeeds of the prior regime.

With monotonous consistency former officers and employees are pilloried by Musk or his “investigative” henchmen.

Those on the receiving end have no voice or recourse or appeal from the summary judgment. No forum is provided in which they can defend themselves.

[This leaves aside Musk’s flurry of equally one-sided attacks on parties unrelated to Twitter.]

None of the assurances of systematically protecting against hate speech have been effected, which tells you how important they were to Musk.

And at the heart of this endless stream of quibbling “revelations” is this stark truth:

None of it is required or necessary for Musjk to create the free speech utopia he blustered about for months. Knowing who, what, or how Trump got dumped adds zero to designing a successful platform.

I’m here because I’m interested in TSLA as an investment. I’ve traded it profitably over the years, and then came this year when Musk’s ill-conceived, impulsive bid for TWTR was a godsend for me.

As a stock TSLA is extraordinarily attractive but for Musk. As it continues to sink I have to fight off the temptation to sell puts despite their rich prices. I looked just today at the March 140s.

But Musk has become toxic. I’d take a fling on the stock if I thought there was a realistic shot he’d exit but I think his ego would never allow it.

He accused Roth of being sympathetic to pedophilia.
Yes he appears to have implied that. I wish he hadn’t done it. That doesn’t make it incitement of violence because the statement did not include anything whatsoever telling people to threaten Yoel Roth nor does it appear to have had that intent. Every citizen of the US should be well aware that we don’t have mob rule and lynchings and this kind of allegation should be handled within the criminal justice system or with civil debate.

Depends on the size of the megaphone, though ...doesn't it?
No it doesn’t depend on that at all. People are responsible for their actions especially with respect to acts or threats of violence. It depends exclusively on what was said and the context and the intent, at least if we’re going off the US legal definition (I’m not a lawyer).

“Whoever, with intent that another person engage in conduct constituting a felony that has as an element the use, attempted use, or threatened use of physical force against property or against the person of another in violation of the laws of the United States, and under circumstances strongly corroborative of that intent, solicits, commands, induces, or otherwise endeavors to persuade such other person to engage in such conduct”

Interesting data point from Reddit I thought would be worth sharing. Turns out the headlines about brand favorability aren't telling the whole story:
Basically, Tesla's brand favorability ratings has dropped significantly among their core customer demographic. But they increased in favorability among people who have no interest in EV's.
As some of us predicted.

Status
Not open for further replies.