Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Elon says Model 3 will release first as highly optioned.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
And no, I'm not quite there myself, but I do understand and have sympathy with many of these views. I'm going for the more or less basic version, more for economic reasons than ideological, but do not care so very much if it not will have any/all of the gadgets others will choose. And even if the economy had not been any restriction I had hardly chosen a mazed-out version anyway. What I need is electric range and winter wheels. What I want is more range, AWD and perhaps the winter package. The rest is just "nice to have" - except real or fake leather seats, that's in the "do not want" group.

+1. Your wants, nice-to-haves, and do not wants are very similar to mine!

Oh, and as for a panoramic roof...? I suspect the Model ≡ will come with a panoramic windshield. Sorted.

For drivers in Edmonton, this is going to be a real bummer. The family car got two giant chunks taken out of the windshield already this year just from the gravel all over the roads. The car's first windshield developed some cracks that spanned left to right due to rock chips. Even the new windshield is pitted lightly all over. Imagine a speckled panorama of stars all over your panoramic windshield! Replacing an entire panoramic windshield isn't going to be cheap.

depends on your state.

In Mass, we have no deductible for glass coverage, and if you are paying for Comprehensive, it's included.

Add in that I have USAA, and it's pretty reasonable.

The biggest problem for Model 3 owners will probably be FINDING a replacement windshield should the need ever arise......

Here I have to pay a little to USAA for full glass on my Volvo but it only breaks down to an extra $2.13 a month.

For fun I just ran a quote through them on a "2016 Tesla X 4D ELEC 4x4 HI CAP" and the difference in comp between full glass and no full glass broke down to $7.39 a month.

Last edited:
Is that an MX?

BTW, I wish I could get USAA. My dad was in the service but never got insurance through them and he no longer drives. I'm not sure if I'd be able to get it.

I don't think it matters if he was ever insured through them, as long as he served. They've gotten more liberal with it lately. For example, it apparently can also work in the reverse direction....My parents never served, but got a USAA policy because I did. So give it a try.