Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Tesla's Supercharger Team was recently laid off. We discuss what this means for the company on today's TMC Podcast streaming live at 1PM PDT. You can watch on X or on YouTube where you can participate in the live chat.
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sometimes I check this thread and I'm reminded why I stopped going on Twitter. Too much drama

Ironically Elon was literally the reason I joined Twitter in 2017 and the reason I stopped going now.
The trick with all social media is to mold it to your interests. I use YouTube, Twitter and Reddit. For reddit, I unsubscribed to all default subreddits and joined ones that aligned with my varied interests. The big general subs are toxic, so I stay away from those. Likewise for Twitter and YouTube, I just subscribe to various people/channels I like and then my feeds have a bunch of delightful content in them. I generally don't go to any of these three looking for political content, or subscribing to such.

He’s a hop skip and jump away from driving potential Black customers away from Tesla.
Not to worry, he will blame THEM on being racist.
The dude badly needs someone to tell him when to STF up.

The trick with all social media is to mold it to your interests. I use YouTube, Twitter and Reddit. For reddit, I unsubscribed to all default subreddits and joined ones that aligned with my varied interests.
Unfortunately, that's the definition of an echo chamber.
Which is what's fundamentally wrong with all the social media infotainment channels that too many folks confuse for source of news.

a

Unfortunately, that's the definition of an echo chamber.
Which is what's fundamentally wrong with all the social media infotainment channels that too many folks confuse for source of news.

You completely missed the part where I said I don’t go to any of these for political content. So no, no echo chamber.

Hopefully you have interests other than politics?

Calling "black people" a "hate group" is racist because the definition of racism is characterizing people according to their race. Attributing any characteristic to a person based on that person's race is, by definition, racism. There are racists in any large category of people, but no characteristic can be applied across the board to all the people of any given race.

Musk's claim that "the media is racist" is not itself a racist statement, but it's idiotic beyond comprehension. "The media" is a huge category that includes every sort of political, economic, and philosophical leaning. There are racist media outlets, and there are outlets that are not. Characterizing all media as any one thing is a hard fail.

Musk has gone completely off his nut. I suspect that his long work hours and lack of sleep, possibly exacerbated by stimulant drugs, has damaged his brain.

BTW, I lived for a while where I, as a white person, was in the minority, and I encountered zero hate, or even unfriendliness, from any of the many black people around me. I had been apprehensive about being in the minority, but I needn't have been.

MSNBC did a 20 minute editorial about Elon and China. I won’t comment other than to say I wish we could all just get along and build EVs worldwide.

GSP
This editorial is a staggering take. Not just pro-Russian, also pro-Chinese Communist Party, pro-throwing fuel on the culture war in the west, anti-the uncensored mainstream media of the west... held hostage by billions in investments and sales in China. Essentially paints an enemy of the free world.

• Informative
Reactions: JRP3 and DrGriz
He's actually supporting the obviously racist Scott Adams and ridiculously claiming the media is "racist" against white people.
To be fair I don't think Elon is racist. He's mostly against cancelling his right wing friends.

I do think he's an idiot who needs to shut up and stop walking on third rails when he's the CEO of Tesla who needs all the support it can get from everywhere to support it's so called mission of accelerating the transition to sustainable energy.

To be fair I don't think Elon is racist. He's mostly against cancelling his right wing friends.

I do think he's an idiot who needs to shut up and stop walking on third rails when he's the CEO of Tesla who needs all the support it can get from everywhere to support it's so called mission of accelerating the transition to sustainable energy.
This is the whole ballgame. He could make all these moves at Twitter he wants to make quietly and have whatever effect on "free speech" he thinks he should have and that would have only a fraction of the negative impact on the mission as these continued episodes of own-goals for Tweeting gratuitously on things he really doesn’t need to weigh in on.

Overreaction is the new normal.

“ I don’t want to have anything to do with them[black people],” Adams added. “And I would say, based on the current way things are going, the best advice I would give to White people is to get the hell away from Black people, just get the f**k away … because there is no fixing this”

You agree with this statement? Or do you not think this statement is racist? You would put your name behind this statement, like Musk did?

“ I don’t want to have anything to do with them[black people],” Adams added. “And I would say, based on the current way things are going, the best advice I would give to White people is to get the hell away from Black people, just get the f**k away … because there is no fixing this”

You agree with this statement? Or do you not think this statement is racist? You would put your name behind this statement, like Musk did?

If we are not being racist, does it really matter which race makes it to Mars?

Kids (all people?) just don't know when to stop.

Calling "black people" a "hate group" is racist because the definition of racism is characterizing people according to their race. Attributing any characteristic to a person based on that person's race is, by definition, racism. There are racists in any large category of people, but no characteristic can be applied across the board to all the people of any given race.

Musk's claim that "the media is racist" is not itself a racist statement, but it's idiotic beyond comprehension. "The media" is a huge category that includes every sort of political, economic, and philosophical leaning. There are racist media outlets, and there are outlets that are not. Characterizing all media as any one thing is a hard fail.

Musk has gone completely off his nut. I suspect that his long work hours and lack of sleep, possibly exacerbated by stimulant drugs, has damaged his brain.

BTW, I lived for a while where I, as a white person, was in the minority, and I encountered zero hate, or even unfriendliness, from any of the many black people around me. I had been apprehensive about being in the minority, but I needn't have been.
Bad business move (buying Twitter, which had ZERO to do with his "mission" of getting to Mars) with Twitter having laid off 70% of employees and losing massive amounts of advertising revenue since his takeover. Using Margin loans to fund it and having to sell stock when it was down.....FSD nowhere NEAR where he thought it would be by now (hellooooo robotaxi service), and cant seem to keep a woman in his life. YOu'd think with all of his money and jets he'd at LEAST have one bad chick by his side at SOME point...

He's come (gone) a long way since being Time Man of the Year...

Status
Not open for further replies.