Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Electrify America gives up on uniform national pricing

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

israndy

Supercharger Hunter
Mar 31, 2016
Alameda, CA
Just got an email saying:
Beginning August 17, 2023, we’ll shift from uniform energy or time based pricing nationwide to a station-specific pricing model and resume charging for idle fees at most nationwide charging stations. Electrify America's mobile app will have pricing information for a given charger, but you should check the pricing of a charging station at the charger when you start charging.
There have been a LOT of complaints about people leaving cars plugged in long after their session is over, this will be good for that issue. At 48¢/kWh for non-members they have also fallen behind Tesla Superchargers in some localities, so this variable pricing should help them compete (for Tesla business anyway). I used to use the monthly plan to get the old 31¢ pricing before they jacked it up

I moved to BlueDot for their flat 30¢ network wide pricing. They built a network of many individual chargers including recently some EVgo chargers up to 350kWs. Most are slower 50kW units, but I am retired not making any new money, so I have more time than money.

Did they miss their alarm? Did one of their software people forget to hit submit? I still see all the old 48 cent price for non monthly paid members and no idle fees and it’s already August 18th on the east coast. I thought they were going live on the 17th.
IMG_4743.png

• Funny
Reactions: israndy