Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Electric Vehicle Institute Chargers (CCS) not working

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was recently visiting Ocean City, MD and wanted to charge my MYP at a public charging station at the Convention Center where we were attending a National Dance Competition.
There were two charging stations there, provided by Electric Vehicle Institute, each with a CCS and Chadmo charging nozzle. One of the stations display was dark and apparently not working at all. I used the other station which was functioning and connected my CCS to Tesla adapter and plugged the nozzle into my car. All was confirmed as being attached properly. I swiped my credit card on the machine to begin charging and the machine confirmed that charging had begun. The graphic of my car both on the display screen in the car and on my Tesla app showed the charging cable connected with the pulsating green light indicating that energy was flowing to my car. However, both the charging station and the app were showing "0" (Zero) quantity of energy being delivered. I left the car attached for about 40 minutes until I finally went back and disconnected the nozzle.

Do you think the issue was the charging station, my CCS adaptor or some other problem? I didn't stay around to see if any other cars tried to use that station.
I have not seen this brand of high speed chargers before, except briefly last year when I was in Ocean City and did not yet have a CCS adapter.

• Informative
Reactions: vanjwilson
Looks like this location has a 1 out of 10 reliability score on PlugShare (and PlugShare is notoriously lenient in how it calculates "reliable").

I don't think it was your car, or your adapter. I've had the Tesla CCS adapter since December and used it about a dozen times with various brands of CCS chargers across the country.

Reactions: Luvtoride