Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

"Electric Route to the Racetrack"

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I met so many amazing people on the #EVolutionHighway, thanks so much to those of you who joined me at the superchargers! It made my trip so much fun!

We made history in two ways this weekend: I became the first driver to get to a race oil free AND we made history by becoming the first ARCA or NASCAR team to power their pit box with 100% solar power. The 1 kW system from ZeroBase Energy stored enough energy to power my pit box for 5 hours after my race ended, it's the same system used on the front lines by the US Military:

SolarPitBox.jpg

The racetrack asked me to park my Tesla in front of the media center so all the journalists would see it walking in to the media center:

TeslaChicagoland.jpg

My Model S was a big hit after the driver autograph session:

TeslaHit.jpg

I finished 12th on the lead lap on my first 1.5 mile speedway race in four years. ABC News, CBS News, Fox News, and USA Today all picked up the story:

USA Today: Ruffalo brings energy message to NASCAR crowd

The Weather Channel and Univision will both be airing stories about our renewable energy message, my electric road trip and solar power at Chicagoland in the next month - we are happy with a successful weekend!

Chicagoland_med.jpg

Thanks @newscutter for the tip about the detour to Flight 93 memorial and the wind farm:

TeslaWindTurbines.jpg

Thank you to everyone who came to greet me at the superchargers, it made the trip so much fun. I'll never forget it.

Last edited:
Leilani, I was hoping to see you in Woodbridge, but was unable to get there. Are you planning to make a return trip?

On a side note, where did you get that license plate cover? I need to get one of those!

Had it custom made! Sorry I can't remember which company I used, but there are lots of custom license plate holder makers out there. You can write whatever you want. My sister made one as well, the top part of her plate holder says "TESLA" and the lower part uses my email signature "For the earth..."

Great work, Leilani. You make it look easy - and once things are in place, it really is and I hope you get a lot of imitators. But to be the first person finding appropriate solutions, getting them set up, and getting attention on them is a lot of work. Thank you for stepping up.

JakeP and I caught up with Leilani (or rather, SHE caught up with us!) at the Cranberry Supercharger. I think Jake and I have already logged a record number of hours at this Supercharger WITHOUT charging so this morning I made sure I could partake of free electrons. As you all know, who have met her, Leilani is a good soul and we had a good time talking with her.

Great pics! Thanks for sharing!