Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Eastern Canada Superchargers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
When do they update these maps for the new year - can we expect that in January or a bit before the year end?

If construction hasn't started yet it is pretty unlikely something will be built by the end of 2015 as they realistically only have a month.

Actually, if we look at last year, it's conceivable that Tesla might start a late year push to build a bunch of sites before the new year.

Kingston, Canmore started construction week of Nov 3, 2014, but Kingston didn't open until Jan 29 and Canmore March 11, 2015.
Kamloops starte construction Nov 15, Montreal Nov 16 - Kamloops online Dec 23, Mtl Jan 22
Golden and Revelstoke start const Dec 6, Revelstoke online Dec 30, Golden Feb 4.
Red Deer const start Dec 8, online Mar 11.
Woodstock and Barrie started const Dec 15 - Woodstock online Dec 17, Barrie online Jan 29. (woodstock construction probably earlier, but Dec 15 is date reported to supercharge.info)

So quite possible another couple of sites could be started and finished before end of 2015.

Woodstock and Barrie started const Dec 15 - Woodstock online Dec 17, Barrie online Jan 29. (woodstock construction probably earlier, but Dec 15 is date reported to supercharge.info)

Great data KenN and thanks for the healthy dose of optimism :) especially with Woodstock @ 2 days ?? Is that for real or typo ?

I'm getting excited about Port Hope and Grimsby as they eliminate any extra planning I'll need esp. for my winter journeys, as I really like being warm and driving at or on the other side of the suggested road speeds.

Great data KenN and thanks for the healthy dose of optimism :) especially with Woodstock @ 2 days ?? Is that for real or typo ?

The data is pulled directly from supercharge.info. For the "online" dates, you'll find it pretty accurate. For dates when they report "permit issued" or "construction start", it relies on the eyes of locals who spot the activity. So start of construction at Woodstock was probably weeks earlier but only reported to the web admin on 15th. Most of the others are probably pretty close to real start of construction though.

The data is pulled directly from supercharge.info. For the "online" dates, you'll find it pretty accurate. For dates when they report "permit issued" or "construction start", it relies on the eyes of locals who spot the activity. So start of construction at Woodstock was probably weeks earlier but only reported to the web admin on 15th. Most of the others are probably pretty close to real start of construction though.
If I remember correctly Woodstock had very little info before it was completed. It kind of just showed up.

They probably didn't want a flock of EV-loving hippies to overwhelm the area. ;-)
By the time we got to Woodstock
We were half a million strong
And everywhere there was song and celebration
And I dreamed I saw the Model S's
Riding ludicrously in the sky
And they were turning into butterflies
Above our nation
We are stardust
Billion year old carbon
We are golden
Caught in the devil's bargain
And we've got to get ourselves
Back to the Supercharger

Supercharger map updated with something between Kingston and Toronto marked as "Opening Soon". Here's hoping.

Nice!

Untitled.png