Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Eastern Canada Superchargers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think they'll need to put another one somewhere else on the island. Two (available) stalls is ludicrously small for a city that size. Makes me hesitate to drive to Montreal.

Actually, from the 3 in front HPWC, they should get rid off 2 and add 2 SC stalls...

Though, one of the technician guided me to show me their two «hidden» SuperCharger that are in the back of the building (inside). He told me that if someone is really in need for a SuperCharge while the 2 in front stalls are occupied, they would gladly give access to one of these 2 hidden SC...

So in reality it's 4 SC stalls...

As for the 2 in front SC stalls and the 3 HPWC, I have to said that they really should put «Charging Station for Tesla only» signs...

@ Doug: Knowing the Montréal traffic for the last 15 years, they should install in the future, SC stalls at the Quartier 10/30 in Brossard just beside Highway 30 (exit 67, either at Canadian Tire or Rona... easy to get in, easy to get out)... the ones that transit from Toronto to, let's say Québec city, would REALLY want to avoid at all price the Montréal traffic... the Highway 30 (south shore bypass) toll bridge (just before Vaudreuil-Dorion) is an excellent alternative at 2,40$...

Last edited:
Actually, from the 3 in front HPWC, they should get rid off 2 and add 2 SC stalls...

Though, one of the technician guided me to show me their two «hidden» SuperCharger that are in the back of the building (inside). He told me that if someone is really in need for a SuperCharge while the 2 in front stalls are occupied, they would gladly give access to one of these 2 hidden SC...

As for the 2 in front SC stalls and the 3 HPWC, I have to said that they really should put «Charging Station for Tesla only» signs...

@ Doug: Knowing the Montréal traffic for the last 15 years, they should install in the future, SC stalls at the Quartier 10/30 in Brossard just beside Highway 30 (exit 67, either at Canadian Tire or Rona... easy to get in, easy to get out)... the ones that transit from Toronto to, let's say Québec city, would REALLY want to avoid at all price the Montréal traffic... the Highway 30 (south shore bypass) toll bridge (just before Vaudreuil-Dorion) is an excellent alternative at 2,40$...

Except folks from Toronto don't know or care about Hwy 30. They will continue to use Hwy 40 or 20 into Montreal. That is a given.
Also, the toll charge is a deterrent to use the 30.

From what I head they have power limits on the site, which is why the HPWCs rather than more supercharger stalls.

I'm aware of the indoor stalls (that's why I said "available"). Maybe once in a blue moon someone who knows about the stalls and is there during business hours will get access to them. But they're really not available for general use.

Personally, I prefer when SuperChargers are located as far as possible from any entrance... (just like Cornwall, they are located very far from Ramada's entrance). That would decrease significantly the chance of ICE'ing...
I wish they just added steps so go up the hill and clean it in winter so we don't have to do the full tour.

Maybe Tesla will release electric scooter and have a self serve service :)

The toll on the 30 doesn't require a transponder so 2.40$ ain't bad, and the lineup are only on the pay cash lane (who doesn't have a credit card these days ?)

Also, if your going to Montreal from Toronto, just SuperCharge at Cornwall and you can do two way without recharging in Montreal.

The Montreal SC are useful for people coming from Ottawa or Québec City. I might probably still stop charging under 60kW at Cornwall since there good chance I'll have 1 free stall in Montreal that might give me faster than 60kW charging if it actually on my path. But it usage only going to get worst as there is lot of new delivery going on and the nice weather will get us to go out more often.

Montréal have a 135kW SuperCharge. Not that you can charge at 135kW right now, but that 135kW is split in 4 group of 33.75kW that can be shared between the 2 stall.

I'm sad to say that Tesla did refuse a owner to charge inside while the 2 SC was used outside during business hours...

I got mix feeling about what would be the best SC solution for Montreal and area...

I find that the Tesla Store SuperCharger is actually well situated if you need to go to Montreal. If your coming from Ottawa or Québec City by the 40 for Montréal. I guess the only issues depend on the time of day your going because of the traffic.

Would I add just more stall there, or put a big site at quartier dix30... I'm not sure

I guess they should have put 4 stall up front right away, as for Power limitation, they could very well have setup a battery charged via a slower source for example for the garage usage or even add solar panel as the roof is HUGE, so that no excuse... The only reason I can think of would be esthetic or city only approved 2 charging spot (though the other spot are also for charging...).

Also most of the front parking is used by ICE car used by owner... The side of the building also have a bunch of Tesla park waiting delivery or used Tesla...

That building is huge, but there is definitely a parking issues there and limited space for SuperCharger, Customer, Service and Employes parking...

An option would be to add Stalls at Orange Julep, but that parking is sometime packed during certain event and would become unavailable.

Though, even if we say SC are not meant for destination charging, until charging station are everywhere, we need SC for destination charging.

I think I would prefer 4 site in montreal with 2 stall than 1 site with 8 stall. They could be position near the different bridge and tunnel.

I'm really tired and just typing... I'm stoping now till tomorow ! GN

The toll on the 30 doesn't require a transponder so 2.40$ ain't bad, and the lineup are only on the pay cash lane (who doesn't have a credit card these days ?)

Also, if your going to Montreal from Toronto, just SuperCharge at Cornwall and you can do two way without recharging in Montreal.

The Montreal SC are useful for people coming from Ottawa or Québec City. I might probably still stop charging under 60kW at Cornwall since there good chance I'll have 1 free stall in Montreal that might give me faster than 60kW charging if it actually on my path. But it usage only going to get worst as there is lot of new delivery going on and the nice weather will get us to go out more often.

Montréal have a 135kW SuperCharge. Not that you can charge at 135kW right now, but that 135kW is split in 4 group of 33.75kW that can be shared between the 2 stall.

I'm sad to say that Tesla did refuse a owner to charge inside while the 2 SC was used outside during business hours...

I got mix feeling about what would be the best SC solution for Montreal and area...

I find that the Tesla Store SuperCharger is actually well situated if you need to go to Montreal. If your coming from Ottawa or Québec City by the 40 for Montréal. I guess the only issues depend on the time of day your going because of the traffic.

Would I add just more stall there, or put a big site at quartier dix30... I'm not sure

I guess they should have put 4 stall up front right away, as for Power limitation, they could very well have setup a battery charged via a slower source for example for the garage usage or even add solar panel as the roof is HUGE, so that no excuse... The only reason I can think of would be esthetic or city only approved 2 charging spot (though the other spot are also for charging...).

Also most of the front parking is used by ICE car used by owner... The side of the building also have a bunch of Tesla park waiting delivery or used Tesla...

That building is huge, but there is definitely a parking issues there and limited space for SuperCharger, Customer, Service and Employes parking...

An option would be to add Stalls at Orange Julep, but that parking is sometime packed during certain event and would become unavailable.

Though, even if we say SC are not meant for destination charging, until charging station are everywhere, we need SC for destination charging.

I think I would prefer 4 site in montreal with 2 stall than 1 site with 8 stall. They could be position near the different bridge and tunnel.

I'm really tired and just typing... I'm stoping now till tomorow ! GN

The Montreal SC store location has power issues. This is why only two are outside.
The fact that there are others inside is irrelevant. The rate of charing anywhere on the complex would be slow anyway.
Perhaps this is why they don't want people using the inside SC. It slows everyone down.

So it really is 2 SC stalls then. That really is totally inadequate. It means we cannot rely on the Montreal Superchargers.

I was there on April 1st for service. I just saw one car charging in a span of 4 hours during day time. It's moderately reliable. Their 80A chargers are still better than anything else in the city.

Very true - probably won't be completely stranded. However I really don't want to sit in an Orange Julep or McDonalds for three hours so I can get home.

Or you can go to P. F. Chang's, one of the best restaurants in my opinion. Then a coffee at Tim Hortons :).

Thanks for the tip - not familiar with them. I guess it's not too far if you can cut through parking lots.

Speaking of Montréal SC, I'm at Kingston SC as we speak and it's faster than Montreal's.

Not surprising - they have lots more power.