Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Early birds can see the Dragon launch...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Great shots Larry; I love the streak reflecting in the water.

(P.S. I've been hearing rumors (or maybe speculation!) that Tesla will put superchargers up and down the I-95 so we'll all be able to get over there with our Model S's someday soon.)

Hi Nigel,

Thanks.

However, on this trip I unfortunately found that range anxiety isn't only confinded to EVs.

We had just returned from a trip up North where we learned about the previous Falcon 9 postponment, and realized on returning we could still make the launch. So we didn't bother completely unpacking. We just packed some clean clothes back in the carry-one suitcase, threw them into the PT Cruiser and headed off for the Space Coast without bothering to top off the gas tank. By the time the fuel low light came on I learned to my embarassment that there weren't any roadside signs on Rt 528 pointing out nearby gas stations. If it weren't for Mary Ellen's smartphone we would have been hiking in the 90+ degree heat. I felt like a real dope and assured Mary Ellen that I would do a much better job in planning our day trips with the Model S. :redface:

Larry

I watched a shuttle go up once.

No home or theater sound system will be able to faithfully recreate the raw sounds from those types of engines.
Also being part of a crowd witnessing a launch is somewhat of a group experience.

And you can't imagine how fast they disappear into outer space. I remember watching a Delta II night launch and was amazed how quickly it went from a huge massive fireball, to a small speck of light.

EDIT: Looking back at the launch list of Delta II rockets I am pretty sure I saw the Pathfinder launch in Dec of 1996.

Last edited: