Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

EAP and FSD price at UK

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
EAP started being offered in Europe in 2021 I believe
I don't think this is factually accurate. I ordered my Model X in January 2017, and I think I had a choice between EAP and FSD even then*. I went for EAP. Maybe it was different for Model 3, and it's entirely possible that Tesla flip-flopped between separating out EAP and bundling it all in FSD.

FWIW, I find lane-change useful in my Model X with EAP and AP2.0 hardware. I don't get many phantom braking events (perhaps because my car has radar), and find autopilot generally really helpful on long motorway journeys, or 3,000 mile European road trips.

There is no way I'd pay for FSD - not then, not now. Last time I checked on YouTube, it wasn't close to being 'done' in the US, and the UK is so far down Tesla's priority list that I'm willing to bet a fiver that, as a small market that drives on the right side (interpret as you will) of the road, we'll never get FSD. Even if it was possible, you've then got UK politics and lawmaking to deal with.

*EDIT - I think FSD was called something else then... IIRC I had three options - bugger-all AP, EAP, and super-duper AP of some description.

Reactions: Alwayshopeful
If you’re expecting delivery next month there’s no way you”ll get HW4.0, or even the new 5MP cameras.
There's some limited evidence that new MYPs have new, different cameras. No-one's done a teardown yet, but there's some possibility that they're newer 5MP ones. I think I read somewhere that a Chinese camera supplier confirmed that Tesla ordered a bunch of 5MP ones already.

Reactions: Bobby_Dazzler
I don't think this is factually accurate. I ordered my Model X in January 2017, and I think I had a choice between EAP and FSD even then*. I went for EAP. Maybe it was different for Model 3, and it's entirely possible that Tesla flip-flopped between separating out EAP and bundling it all in FSD.

FWIW, I find lane-change useful in my Model X with EAP and AP2.0 hardware. I don't get many phantom braking events (perhaps because my car has radar), and find autopilot generally really helpful on long motorway journeys, or 3,000 mile European road trips.

There is no way I'd pay for FSD - not then, not now. Last time I checked on YouTube, it wasn't close to being 'done' in the US, and the UK is so far down Tesla's priority list that I'm willing to bet a fiver that, as a small market that drives on the right side (interpret as you will) of the road, we'll never get FSD. Even if it was possible, you've then got UK politics and lawmaking to deal with.

*EDIT - I think FSD was called something else then... IIRC I had three options - bugger-all AP, EAP, and super-duper AP of some description.
I was also given the choice 18 months ago of FSD or Enhanced Auto Pilot for my M3

Last edited:

Apologies, I meant on Model 3s. EAP was only made available on them in 2021.

As I understand it, and as you say, Model S/X had a permutation of this that was called the same thing. In the 3/Y world EAP is basically FSD minus one tiny feature.

Reactions: DeejUK
Utter and complete waste of money. It might possibly be worth it if it worked as intended and if there was the slightest chance that we might get significantly more functionality in the near future, such as autosteer on city streets that I was promised by the end of 2019. Auto lane change is flaky at best - it’s ridiculously hesitant and often aborts. Auto park is complete crap. A learner on his first lesson would park faster. Summon is so emasculated it’s downright useless. Recent software updates have taken something that was already complete crap and made it even worse. Buying into it has been the biggest rip off I’ve ever been victim to. Happy days.

Utter and complete waste of money. It might possibly be worth it if it worked as intended and if there was the slightest chance that we might get significantly more functionality in the near future, such as autosteer on city streets that I was promised by the end of 2019. Auto lane change is flaky at best - it’s ridiculously hesitant and often aborts. Auto park is complete crap. A learner on his first lesson would park faster. Summon is so emasculated it’s downright useless. Recent software updates have taken something that was already complete crap and made it even worse. Buying into it has been the biggest rip off I’ve ever been victim to. Happy days.
You took a punt on the future...don’t beat yourself up about it. You never know...it could all work out in the end😜

Reactions: Artiste

AP - EAP - FSD (free, 6K, 15K)