Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Dragy times for Plaid and LR

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yeah some people see 2sec difference between cars and say it's not worth 50k$. Well 2sec is the difference a Veyron and my Model3 AWD+. So I say, 2 sec is pretty significant in terms of accelerative power. It is insignificant when waiting for the delivery of your new Plaid though...

It's easy to count 2 seconds in your mind and say that is not a big difference. But then you see videos and it visually shows it's a night and day difference.

In case you’re wondering what will happen if David Coulthard was to race you at a stop light in a F1 car.

*Spoiler Alert*

So basically Plaid S is as quick as a Formula 1 car in the 1/4 mile. That's pretty neat. Who would have thought just a few years ago that road legal production cars would reach that stage by now, much less doing so and costing less than 200k.

*Spoiler Alert*

So basically Plaid S is as quick as a Formula 1 car in the 1/4 mile. That's pretty neat. Who would have thought just a few years ago that road legal production cars would reach that stage by now, much less doing so and costing less than 200k.
Agreed, it's extremely impressive.

However as a kid I was told that we'd be flying by now. Let's see some actual progress on that front next.

1100x619_cmsv2_8e055c3d-1f36-5f3f-ac17-b2f2f05cd7a3-3837888.jpg

*Spoiler Alert*

And seats five, carries a week or more of groceries, doesn’t require any maintenance and makes the equivalent of 100mpg.

All cars that are gonna compete and beat the Plaid are gonna be purpose built racecars. Stripped to a bare minimum, on race fuel, on racing slicks. Heavily compromised to do only one thing.

Only the 992 Turbo is remotely close in terms of everyday drivability, but it’s quite a bit slower and doesn’t really seats four. Tesla is so far ahead of everyone it’s not even fair.

And seats five, carries a week or more of groceries, doesn’t require any maintenance and makes the equivalent of 100mpg.

All cars that are gonna compete and beat the Plaid are gonna be purpose built racecars. Stripped to a bare minimum, on race fuel, on racing slicks. Heavily compromised to do only one thing.

Only the 992 Turbo is remotely close in terms of everyday drivability, but it’s quite a bit slower and doesn’t really seats four. Tesla is so far ahead of everyone it’s not even fair.

And self drives this, and technology that, the list goes on.

Also, it's "all *gas* cars" ;). Any competition not having to be purpose built racecars is going to be in the form of electric. A tri-motor Lucid Air sedan that can do a 9.3 in the quarter mile *may* be in the works, but they definitely won't be able to match Tesla's price point and I'd imagine it's likely atleast 2 or 3 years away if it even happens. There are other exotic ev's on the horizon but they're all 2 seaters costing millions.

Tesla's lead and relentless momentum is a force to be reckoned with.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid

I think there is just a little more left in this under more optimal conditions. DragTimes said there was a pretty strong headwind. I think the best this car achieves at sea level is like a 9.1x @ 153+ mph, with typical around 9.2-9.3 @ 151-152 mph. Those lighter rims may buy us an extra tenth and a little more mph.

I am really hopeful we get a software power boost in the future with this car! Really would like to see this car trapping in mid 150s then I know for sure this will beat a certain car I know of...lol.

And self drives this, and technology that, the list goes on.

Also, it's "all *gas* cars" ;). Any competition not having to be purpose built racecars is going to be in the form of electric. A tri-motor Lucid Air sedan that can do a 9.3 in the quarter mile *may* be in the works, but they definitely won't be able to match Tesla's price point and I'd imagine it's likely atleast 2 or 3 years away if it even happens. There are other exotic ev's on the horizon but they're all 2 seaters costing millions.

Tesla's lead and relentless momentum is a force to be reckoned with.

plus I think the Model S is WAY better looking than the Lucid. Lucid has a weird look to me.