Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Dr Taras' Model S gets customized!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Some people have been asking about extra lighting in the frunk and the trunk.
For the frunk, da boyz put some LEDs into the actual box for the amp
& for the trunk they put LEDs under the parcel shelf slot.
By the way, I also had them swap out some LEDs for the License plate illumination as well!
20130327_150932.jpg
20130327_150940.jpg
20130327_151447.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

You'll need to get your display software updated to show a "Taras Silver" instead of "Green" Model S. No?
Honestly I was thinking of that, but guessing that Tesla is kind of swamped right now so instead I'll simply use it as nostalgia (along with the underside of the frunk)!

That being said, you're answer was INCORRECT! No soup for you! :cursing:
This photo will be more of a hint, though, honestly, there is nothing concrete you will see.
It's more esoteric and a tip of the hat to CCI!
20130327_151332.jpg

Some people have been asking about extra lighting in the frunk and the trunk.
For the frunk, da boyz put some LEDs into the actual box for the amp
& for the trunk they put LEDs under the parcel shelf slot.
By the way, I also had them swap out some LEDs for the License plate illumination as well!
View attachment 19120View attachment 19119View attachment 19118

- - - Updated - - -

Honestly I was thinking of that, but guessing that Tesla is kind of swamped right now so instead I'll simply use it as nostalgia (along with the underside of the frunk)!

That being said, you're answer was INCORRECT! No soup for you! :cursing:
This photo will be more of a hint, though, honestly, there is nothing concrete you will see.
It's more esoteric and a tip of the hat to CCI!
View attachment 19121

Perhaps you are saying that the CCI was a simple, painless drop-in, compared to the "strip-a-Model-S-down-to-its-nuts-and-bolts" install that A and E are undertaking.

Flash Flood of Pictures: blind-side, lane-departure

After a paucity of pictures we've turned the corner and the flood gates have been opened
like a ride at Universal where the flash flood streams towards the tram!
What should I post next? :confused:

How about the blind-side, lane-departure flickering light just back of the 'A' pillar on each side:
28185_548503198514947_1807486408_n.jpg
20130327_151802.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Do I win the same all-in-one transformation courtesy of A and E? :p
I think I can arrange to have them mail you an Al & Ed's 2014 calendar at the end of the year which should include "A Tesla the Hun!"
Send him a PM &/or like his Facebook Page to get the details.
My Roadster was one of his pin-up dolls for 2010! :wink:

The 12V battery is charged off the main battery pack. The battery is rated for 35 Ah by itself. It's used for just about everything other than the inverters and drive motor (lights, computers, displays, and the many motors such as fans, wipers, windows, etc). The HVAC compressor may be powered from the main pack (it's quite high wattage compared to other devices), but that's never been confirmed.
I don't know about the S but I believe the DC/DC converter that was used on the Roadsters had two channels, one to run the 12V car accessories and one to keep the 12V battery charged. This could allow the accessory bus to run at a slightly higher voltage without overcharging the 12V battery, if they set it up that way.

One Day ALL Teslas will come with this!

This is WRONG! I'm not sure why Tesla did not come up with this,
if not standard (promotes its brand) than at least as an option?
One Day ALL Teslas will come with this! Elie... Don't! ... Stop! DON'T STOP!!!
553148_548502535181680_1782744221_n.jpg

(amazing what a sharpie can do) :mad:

- - - Updated - - -

IMO the brushed aluminum? eww. destroys the look. but I know that's total subjective. many others love it. I do not.
We're big tent here. No problem. Wait until I post a photo of the wheels. I say that 95% won't like it, but then again, that's why there are 31 different flavors of ice cream :scared:

View attachment 19149

- - - Updated - - -

We're big tent here. No problem. Wait until I post a photo of the wheels. I say that 95% won't like it, but then again, that's why there are 31 different flavors of ice cream :scared:
So how much does all of this work cost? And is there someone who can do it for us East Coast people?

Dr T,

This is just incredible. Just spent precious sleep time taking in what you have done: You waited, as did I, years for your Model S, then passed the keys to A&E to have it ripped apart and recreated. I mean, I just didn't know people did things like this. But I am SO glad they do. Wonderful. Savored over every picture, salivated over the finer details, like Pavlov's Dog on a summer Sunday at Noon. And here I am worried about dust on my carpet.
Rock On, Dr T. We await the Hun with Wonder.
- East Coaster

View attachment 19149

- - - Updated - - -

Is that a photoshop? Hope so ... do you realize it's crooked?
But OTT if you ask me but heh.

Is that a photoshop? Hope so ... do you realize it's crooked?
Ya, I noticed that as well, but hoping that is just camera angle because these guys are pretty meticulous.
I'll find out this weekend and if it is, the eyes in the back of my head that my wife says I have will not rest easy with that OCD issue!

- - - Updated - - -

Dr T,

This is just incredible. Just spent precious sleep time taking in what you have done: You waited, as did I, years for your Model S, then passed the keys to A&E to have it ripped apart and recreated. I mean, I just didn't know people did things like this. But I am SO glad they do. Wonderful. Savored over every picture, salivated over the finer details, like Pavlov's Dog on a summer Sunday at Noon. And here I am worried about dust on my carpet.
Rock On, Dr T. We await the Hun with Wonder.
- East Coaster
:redface:

- - - Updated - - -

They say if you went back into the kitchen of your favorite restaurant, you'd never return!
You may not want to go into your car while your customizer has it in that state they call organized disorganization!
20130327_152722.jpg

Hoping to get pictures of the wheels on the car later today
so in the meantime this 'heat-map' spy-photo (& the picture of the TPMS) will have to do:
559137_548607298504537_1414577488_n.jpg
5381_548665478498719_1512046733_n.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks for the welcome! I guess I should place my order now. They said the wait is down to two months for 85kw
Sounds about right... they're plugging along at 500 cars/week whereas we were told that 400 was maximum capacity! :eek:
But first take a drive up to LA and test drive mine! Come up on Sunday to the reveal!