Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Don't buy FSD for $2k more. [from 2019 - FSD upgrade not available for 2k at this time]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Screenshot_20190312-064309.png

To summarize last night's tweets:
-FSD upgraders will receive HW3
-Recently-reduced upgrade prices will revert on Monday 3/18

I just upgraded.

So why won't they put that in writing on the website? I have seen plenty of tweets that have been completely false before. Here is another thing, did anyone get an email announcing this reduction for EAP owners? This should be listed CLEARLY on the purchase page or it is simply another potential false promise. If they put this on the site many more people would likely upgrade and have more confidence in Tesla's word. Tweets are not purchase contracts and are pretty much useless.

Last edited:
So why won't they put that in writing on the website? I have seen plenty of tweets that have been completely false before. Here is another thing, did anyone get an email announcing this reduction for EAP owners? This should be listed CLEARLY on the purchase page or it is simply another potential false promise. If they put this on the site many more people would likely upgrade and have more confidence in Tesla's word. Tweets are not purchase contracts and are pretty much useless.
They don’t need everyone to buy on sale. My guess on champion Elon is it is just enough $$ to sqeek a profit for the Q. If they are taking down payments on the Y and production starts this year it’s a done deal.

I think you are being a bit gullible. You continue to push this issue on the forum but nobody else who contributes here seems to be as confident as you of this.

Then all those folks are factually wrong too.

Elon again confirmed TODAY exactly what I've been telling you and you refuse to believe-

Elon Musk on Twitter

EVERYONE WHO BUYS FSD GETS HW3 FREE.

Just like the last 10 times you've been told that by me, Tesla, and Elon Musk himself. Directly and explicitly.

I Come on...why are you so stuck on your position

Because it's supported by 100% of the clear and overwhelming evidence.

A better question is why you refuse to accept facts?

They don’t need everyone to buy on sale. My guess on champion Elon is it is just enough $$ to sqeek a profit for the Q. If they are taking down payments on the Y and production starts this year it’s a done deal.

Not really the point, they are again causing potential issues for customers that will never know about this and find out later. Besides not putting the HW3 upgrade on the purchase page making Elon the only person that seems to consider it included. What is wrong with this sales side of this company that it is so pathetically broken and/or deceptive? oh, $$$$$ shortage.

Not really the point, they are again causing potential issues for customers that will never know about this and find out later. Besides not putting the HW3 upgrade on the purchase page making Elon the only person that seems to consider it included. What is wrong with this sales side of this company that it is so pathetically broken and/or deceptive? oh, $$$$$ shortage.
I have 0 concern that FSD upgrade includes HW3. Why? Because my P3- just got track mode.

Then all those folks are factually wrong too.

Elon again confirmed TODAY exactly what I've been telling you and you refuse to believe-

Elon Musk on Twitter

EVERYONE WHO BUYS FSD GETS HW3 FREE.

Just like the last 10 times you've been told that by me, Tesla, and Elon Musk himself. Directly and explicitly.

Because it's supported by 100% of the clear and overwhelming evidence.

A better question is why you refuse to accept facts?

That tweet means nothing. Just like the others that he makes that turn out to be false. It is not a purchase contract. If Elon wants to back his word then they can put that in writing on the purchase page. Why wouldn't they, it's a major selling point. They will not because it is not confirmed and they do not need to commit to it. Tesla could never offer FSD or just the HW3 and you have no grounds to stand on. Even if the say HW3, "eventually" "long term" what does that mean. NADA. I could sell my car in four years and still not have any of this. That's the joke about Tesla, no commitment of any kind just a vague statements.

Put this on the order page with a hardware roll out date that is reasonable and I will buy it today.

That tweet means nothing.

The SEC and the courts would disagree with you.

Why wouldn't they, it's a major selling point.

it's really not.

It's like 5 guys who refuse to accept facts on this forum.

Most buyers don't even know what HW3 is- or care.

They will not because it is not confirmed

I mean, except for the tons of times they've repeatedly confirmed it- including on their earnings calls that are legally binding statements about corporate intent, and the CEOs tweets which are treated the same way legally.

So yeah, except for literally every fact available, it's not confirmed.

You're one of those guys not yet convinced the earth is round, aren't you?

That tweet means nothing. Just like the others that he makes that turn out to be false. It is not a purchase contract. If Elon wants to back his word then they can put that in writing on the purchase page. Why wouldn't they, it's a major selling point. They will not because it is not confirmed and they do not need to commit to it. Tesla could never offer FSD or just the HW3 and you have no grounds to stand on. Even if the say HW3, "eventually" "long term" what does that mean. NADA. I could sell my car in four years and still not have any of this. That's the joke about Tesla, no commitment of any kind just a vague statements.

Put this on the order page with a hardware roll out date that is reasonable and I will buy it today.
I dunno, in considering buying despite making this thread. I'm happy they are not trying to pull one over FSD early purchasers! Too bad there isn't a way they could correct the issue without a price increase.

FOMO indeed :(.
Marketing genius they are...

If I buy now I will be accepting that it may be offered later for less it under free trial though.

I have 0 concern that FSD upgrade includes HW3. Why? Because my P3- just got track mode.

it's really not.

It's like 5 guys who refuse to accept facts on this forum.

Most buyers don't even know what HW3 is- or care.

I mean, except for the tons of times they've repeatedly confirmed it- including on their earnings calls that are legally binding statements about corporate intent, and the CEOs tweets which are treated the same way legally.

So yeah, except for literally every fact available, it's not confirmed.

You're one of those guys not yet convinced the earth is round, aren't you?

No I'm a guy that knows that Tesla does not honor things in writing by changing the narrative. Second, any person with basic marketing sense knows that listing features and or benefits of a product make it more desirable particularly with Tesla buyers who gobble that up. That is sales and marketing 101 for dummies. Not listing a key feature and benefit is simple stupidity or an intentional omission. So the world is round for those understand how things actually work and since the SEC does not enforce sales contracts and your CC company could care less about tweets you would need to go to court and hope a judge sees a tweet as a binding contract for a online purchase where HW3 was NOT listed so it becomes highly subjective at multiple levels, a pain in the ass at best. If Tesla was transparent or competent, whichever it is or both, they would clearly state this. Let me be clear that I am not saying they may not do this, my issue is they way this smells is highly suspect and if you ask for confirmation in writing they will not give it to you. As I have said before, red flag, When I buy something I like a receipt that says what I am buying and I don't wan to confirm it though tweets.

Amazon has a new section on their site with pictures of products only and no descriptions. It's really taking off.

Reactions: Mod3forMe and OCR1

Would that be the same SEC that is attempting to hold Musk in contempt and potentially remove him from being an officer in the company for making multiple false statements over twitter?

$420 funding secured
500,000 cars this year

Whatever. We don't need to keep debating this. You're right, we are all wrong. Done.

Would that be the same SEC that is attempting to hold Musk in contempt and potentially remove him from being an officer in the company for making multiple false statements over twitter?

$420 funding secured
500,000 cars this year

Whatever. We don't need to keep debating this. You're right, we are all wrong. Done.

Lol Knightshade is never wrong. Non PUP owners never got $5000 back in exchange of supercharing or got "track mode". :p

• Disagree
Reactions: Maximilien
Quick summary and links of all of the relevant information directly from Tesla and Elon on Autopilot Hardware 3 and the free upgrade for owners that purchase the Full Self Driving package.

Here are the relevant sections of the August 1st, 2018 earnings call that reference Autopilot Hardware 3 and upgradability (great HW3 information here in general):
https://seekingalpha.com/article/4193497-tesla-tsla-q2-2018-results-earnings-call-transcript?page=4
https://seekingalpha.com/article/4193497-tesla-tsla-q2-2018-results-earnings-call-transcript?page=5

And here is a link to Elon's tweets confirming that buying the FSD package includes an upgrade to Autopilot Hardware 3 when it is released:
Elon Musk on Twitter
Elon Musk on Twitter

And here is the Electrek article where they contacted Tesla and Tesla confirmed Paul Bannon's timeline of late 2019 Q1 production of Autopilot 3 hardware: Tesla reveals new self-driving Autopilot hardware 3.0 computer diagram ahead of launch

So no, the Autopilot Hardware 3 free upgrade if you buy the Full Self Driving package isn't in the contract, but this is enough evidence for me to pull the trigger on my M3P purchase before the prices go back up and have reasonable high confidence I will get AP HW 3 sometime in the next few months.

Lol Knightshade is never wrong

Not never certainly- but fewer than average :)

Non PUP owners never got $5000 back in exchange of supercharing or got "track mode". :p

Possibly you have me confused with someone else?

I never said either of those things wouldn't happen.

I said the first one shouldn't have happened- both because it was efectively refunding people for an option they didn't buy in the first place, and second because it sets a BAD precedent of people expected refunds when prices drop.... and oh look I was exactly right on that :)

On the second one- I not only never said the P3D- wouldn't get track mode, I said it would but that it'd take a while because obviously it was originally designed for the P3D+ only (versus others who insisted they just had to push a button). And guess what? it took months before it rolled out, and the text in the update specifically said it was originally designed for the P3D+

So- actually, both great examples of my not being wrong :)

• Funny
Reactions: juanmedina

Yes. Also the one who fined him 20 million dollars for his earlier tweet that wasn't true regarding funding secured.

Thanks for proving my point that what he tweets has legal weight :)