Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Does your Model S fit in your garage?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Too bad that Summon can;t be trusted to park in tight parking garages without it failing everyone once in a while with you being liable for the damage. After seeing a few videos of summon abruptly steer and scrape I stopped using it in our very narrow garage. Too bad because we could have really used this feature but on some of the videos I have seen, it happens so quickly that you can hardly react in time to stop the damage.

What a shame that with the ultrasonic sensors, summon can actually hit something while parking.

Wonder if the AP2 sensors are better?

I tried. My garage is an attached one car garage, and I arranged it so that the MS would fit. However, the fit was so tight, that pulling in and out on a normal basis was just too difficult. Besides, once in opening the doors was tight. I ended up buying the Tesla cover, which actually is really good. It is easy get on and off, fits great and did not blow off in 50 mph winds. There are no strings or straps, just pull it over the car and you done. Takes about 30 seconds.
Summon was made for this, I often get out in the driveway and summon Nicki into the garage because the motorcycles are in the way.