Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Recently had a fender bender. Small hole in my bumper and seems like park assist is out, even though it doesn't seem to be too close to the sensor. (Pic attached) do I need to cover this with electrical tape until repair or is it best to leave it be? image-20171006_194445.jpg

If you've got tape handy, might as well tape over the hole. Of course, I think our area is about to get hammered with some rain/thunderstorms (tomorrow and Monday) since I washed my car last night, so the tape might not last. I'd still probably tape it if it were me.

I had a small fender bender last year that took down one of my parking sensors temporarily. Like yours, there was no actual damage to the sensor, but the flex in the nose cone (or bumper in your case) was enough to smush the wires leading from the sensor to the rest of the car. Easy fix for me, just popping off the nose cone and repairing the wires. Yours might be a bit more involved.

• Informative
Reactions: fasteddie7
I’m sure it wouldn’t hurt if it makes you feel better, but I don’t think it’s necessary. Stuff behind the bumper cover is pretty waterproof, since water can splash up behind there as you drive through puddles and such.

I'd cover it, even if only with some white electrical tape as a temporary measure (clean the bumper first so it will stick). The area under the rear bumper is fairly well enclosed by plastic (more than front) so maybe Tesla wanted it shielded from most of the water.

• Informative
Reactions: fasteddie7